Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues i had with RCT 3 i don't want repeated:

Issues i had with RCT 3 i don't want repeated:

Firstly - transport rides need to be used for transport.

Secondly, if you had a huge park, rides far away from the entrance never got guests - the path finders needs to improve that by having guests aim to go on more variety of rides and seek them out rather than wander around and stumble across a ride to go. This is more common when you have lots of rides and thousands of guests, its not so noticeable when your first starting to build your park.

Thirdly, rides aged too quick resulting in empty queue lines - the queues in RCT 1 and 2 were far more used and a full queue is always good to see! The large queues and hearing the "cha ching" such memories. :P

Also don't put a guest count limit, let us set our guest count limit based on our hardware specs which varies a lot. That way we can max our parks to within out PC capabilities
    Last edited by PixelPlayer; 12-16-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Passive Peep
    My biggest issue with RCT3 was that queue lines never became full. It didnt feel rewarding when I made a 5 star coaster because there would never be anyone in line. I think it was due to the family system they implemented..

Either way, they need to fix it so that lines get full

Quote Originally Posted by ncutt010 View Post
    My biggest issue with RCT3 was that queue lines never became full. It didnt feel rewarding when I made a 5 star coaster because there would never be anyone in line. I think it was due to the family system they implemented..

Yeah i think it was related to that, plus the low guest count. Though 10 years later in hardware improvements should now give us enough guests.

NCutt, I've designed a lot of Coasters and many times I have had the Queue lines completely full. Peep Psychology seems to have it based on how many Peeps in the park and how many rides to go on, where the ride is in relation to where the Peeps are, how well rated the coaster is, and then issues of cost. Balancing that can make a long Queue line fill up

My only issue, that I can think of right now, is the path system. Often the path would jump to ground level, when you tried to make paths above or below ground level, including underground. Also it was tough putting floors, walls, and roofs on buildings, because of the part would either be misaligned or keep going to the ground floor.
    Last edited by RCTW1; 12-17-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    NCutt, I've designed a lot of Coasters and many times I have had the Queue lines completely full. Peep Psychology seems to have it based on how many Peeps in the park and how many rides to go on, where the ride is in relation to where the Peeps are, how well rated the coaster is, and then issues of cost. Balancing that can make a long Queue line fill up
    Yea well, in order to get that many guest in your park you pretty much needed a super computer back in the day. My computer was equipped with 2 GB of ram, duel-core processor and GeForce3+ video card (this was pretty good back in 2004/5). Still couldnt handle a massive park with thousands of guests.

Speaking of that I wonder what the recommended requirements will be for RCTW..

I'm also hoping for a better terraforming system, RCT3's one is not very user-friendly at all and has quite a learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvarret View Post
    I'm also hoping for a better terraforming system, RCT3's one is not very user-friendly at all and has quite a learning curve.
    It was better to not terraform and just have scenery of rocks to create the effect of it instead i found.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvarret View Post
    I agree. I also hope if they do implement terraforming system that it actually looks good when tunnels are dug, rather than just blocky madness. Dynamic lighting should help a lot with this.

EDIT: Terraforming already confirmed. http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com...asis-on-Tycoon
    Last edited by JMR; 12-17-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Passive Peep

"I've been waiting for hours" :(

Here's something I personally would like to see changed from all previous versions...

...does any one else agree we should not be penalized for making extremely long queue lines? If guest want to wait in the long line for a great coaster then let them wait. Make it our decision on what the maximum queue length should be. If we make our queue paths extra long and too many guest are waiting in line instead of spending their money elsewhere, then it's our fault and we'll face the penalty when we start loosing profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark93 View Post
    ....at the entry of the queue line a tv with waiting times.
    waitTime.jpg
    ^It would be awesome if we can include wait times as well.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast