Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #10

I agree with the two previous posts. Atari should not try and go for a similar feeling game to what Frontier is doing. If anything I would humbly suggest that they should make their game look different to Frontier's style of game. This would be beneficial so that RCTw would stand out.

If I were in Atari's position I would probably consider making RCTw more realistic but not to the point of a simulator. Merge some of the style that we love with RCT1, RCT2, and RCT3 with added realism and I think they would have a good game on their hands. I just hope they take the time to create a great game.

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    I'd rather wait for a good update than have an average one right now. It just seems that after E3 and Planet Coaster discussion has slowed.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Agreed.
    Frontier opened up with a good hand. Now Atari can see what they're going up against.
    Personally, I would strongly advise them not to "out-Frontier" Frontier. Meaning, I'm not expecting RCTW to follow up with cute mascots and bouncing trees.
    I thought Atari opened up with a good hand, so did pretty much everyone else until December of 2014. Then again I also thought realistically, and told everyone to not get their hopes up so quickly. Unfortunately nobody listened and you saw the rest...So let's not get too excited just yet (should I even try this again?), cause you never know, first trailers are...first trailers.

PC looks great, but there's no telling how much of that is what in game will be like and it's clear at least part of it is fun "cut-scene" style footage to show features. So we'll see. I'm not doubting it, I'm just saying it's still way up in the air.

I do think Frontier follows RCTW heavily so they also had the advantage of learning from other's mistakes. Personally, I think a lot of people are jaded over RCTW and so are especially excited for Planet Coaster, when I think the reveals are pretty much on-par atm. And I'm not gonna lie, it looks cool, but I think Planet Coaster is a pretty....meh name. At least go with Coaster Planet! I liked CPT more, but I'm sure legal reasons prevented that one from happening.

I'm excited for both and will play both and think both will be amazing and can't wait for both to come out.

Junior Enthusiast
    It also seems like Frontier is giving a big slap in the face to Atari with their game. RCT WORLD, PLANET Coaster. Cartoony graphics, silly animations...I dunno, I see so many similarities that almost come off as parodies...

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ng r4t View Post
    It also seems like Frontier is giving a big slap in the face to Atari with their game. RCT WORLD, PLANET Coaster. Cartoony graphics, silly animations...I dunno, I see so many similarities that almost come off as parodies...
    They both have coaster in their name as well

Junior Enthusiast
    Do they? I hadn't noticed...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910