Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #9

RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #9

A thread for the discussion of RCTW Production Blog #9

Dear Fans,

The team had a great week finishing upgrades to the coaster building system. One exciting new feature is improved full validation of coaster track and feedback systems, so you know whether your track is going to be safe, “iffy” (build at your own risk!), or just plain impossible.

Work is continuing on the path system overhaul and while I don’t want to give away too much yet, the initial results are very promising. You will be able to do some very cool things not possible in any previous RCT game. This and the improved coaster physics system currently remain as primary focuses of the tech team, before they turn their attention to terrain and queues.

I would also like to take this time to highlight a recent thread I made in our forums about the “Funny/Cool Things That Peeps Do. Our design team is spending some time generating a list of actions and animations for the peeps and I wanted to make sure they heard your input – channel your creativity!

Lastly, I would like to now reveal the full hypercoaster that we teased a few weeks ago! Note the colors are a bit different as this is a night shot (so there are some artificial illumination sources we are not showing you yet). Otherwise, this is the same coaster you saw a few weeks ago – taken from within the game engine.

“Mattlab”
    Executive Producer
    RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Newcomer
    Wow, I like it very much! That wheels assembly looks awesome!

I love it, thanks for update!!

It looks beautiful!

I hope the attention to detail is the same across the whole game. I'm getting excited again!

Loving the updates... thank you!

just love these updates. Pls keep these dev blogs up.
    Thumb UP

Great informative blog.

Sounds like they're finally going to improve the path system rather then the basic 90 degrees path in rct3.

Great news.

Is there any chances that placing objects and standard rides can be faced in other directions aswell.

Looks really good and it's nice to see the progress of the development.
    But Mattlab you're evil:
    Work is continuing on the path system overhaul and while I don’t want to give away too much yet, the initial results are very promising. You will be able to do some very cool things not possible in any previous RCT game.
    Now I guess that 20 guys asking: "Does it mean that we get curved paths?"

I forgot to add.. as long as peeps don't puke like the end of the trailer I'll be happy

This model just seems...right.

Lighting-Not too realistic, but very detailed, bright, and vibrant.
    Coaster tracks-the same as before. Even though they didn't use Stig's idea, I'm cool with it. It looks good.
    Coaster car-This is awesome! Restraints look really good! The art team is going to have to match this level of realism with the animation of peeps entering and exiting the ride, so that is gonna be awesome

Looks great! I'm really looking forward to some screenshots that go beyond coaster tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Looks really good and it's nice to see the progress of the development.
    But Mattlab you're evil:

Now I guess that 20 guys asking: "Does it mean that we get curved paths?"
    I'm hoping it will be like Zoo tycoon: more flexible than basic 90 degree stuff, but provides enough ease of use for casual players and scenario players.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast