Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not too much scenery in flatrides !!

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    Even if they are themed I still want them to look like they could be found at a real park though.
    That's the clincher! Do this if nothing else...

Junior Enthusiast
    Exactly. This is all speculation of course. I'd also prefer a more "generic" themed ride, but I'd love to be able to customize the theme myself.

And using your two examples, in general I do like the realistic one, but say I did want a futuristic sci-fi themed park, I'd prefer the first one. So options are always nice, but if it came down to it, I'd like to keep it simple and classy...

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ng r4t View Post
    Exactly. This is all speculation of course. I'd also prefer a more "generic" themed ride, but I'd love to be able to customize the theme myself.

And using your two examples, in general I do like the realistic one, but say I did want a futuristic sci-fi themed park, I'd prefer the first one. So options are always nice, but if it came down to it, I'd like to keep it simple and classy...
    I'd say generic rides should be the devs priority. Like these https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...o-Modern/page3

A big yes to this thread.

Also, please don't make the food and drink stalls too outlandish either please.

The best example on how I would love to see themeing work is the Ferris wheel in RCT3. You have a generic a spooky and a Western give us an option like on roller coaster trains and/or an option to create theming our self and share that and everybody will be happy.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I'd say generic rides should be the devs priority. Like these https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...o-Modern/page3
    I agree.

But if we can have more, I'm all for that too.

I agree with apdergrosse above. Generic versions are great, but lots of people love the themed versions also to make a park that is cohesive-looking.

There seem to be two camps here, those that want to make generic amusement parks and those that want to make theme parks. I don't see any reason why we should only get to play one side of the ledger.

I am really pleased you posted this thread, as it is something which I feel is very important.

I have nothing against pre-themed flat rides, car trains, Etc. However, if you're going to have those, please do make sure you that you provide many, non-themed attractions for us to design ourselves. Someone mentioned custom decals before, which is a great example of the type of flexibility that advanced players really want. (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...Coaster-Decals)

You could hypothetically split the game into three core gameplay styles:

- Casual
    Just playing the game without having to put much thought into design, placing down premade rides, darting coaster cars into your peeps, building the tallest coaster, Etc.

- Tycoon
    Going through campaign missions and aiming for the requirements in the given scenario alone. Again, no real thinking behind the design of your park needs to go in.

- Creative
    Playing in sandbox, or inside a scenario and creating your dream park. Spending time on the details, naming your coasters, thinking of backstories for the rides, spending days themeing, Etc.

Not everyone wants to be super creative when they play an RCT game. I get that. But there are many, many of us who do want this level of creativity.

It would be very annoying to try to theme a "Volcanic spinner" into something completely different, having to just create a box around the whole thing making it an indoor ride.
    Last edited by JMR; 06-03-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    You could hypothetically split the game into three core gameplay styles:

- Casual
    Just playing the game without having to put much thought into design, placing down premade rides, darting coaster cars into your peeps, building the tallest coaster, Etc.

- Tycoon
    Going through campaign missions and aiming for the requirements in the given scenario alone. Again, no real thinking behind the design of your park needs to go in.

- Creative
    Playing in sandbox, or inside a scenario and creating your dream park. Spending time on the details, naming your coasters, thinking of backstories for the rides, spending days themeing, Etc.

Not everyone wants to be super creative when they play an RCT game. I get that. But there are many, many of us who do want this level of creativity.
    Great ideas! Though personally I would just like to have an attraction have it's 'basic/generic' layout as default, but the ability to add theming from the different themes available. For instance a Ferris wheel which consist of simple cabins, but you can also make it 'western' which changes the cabins into wagons and also some western theming will be added to the entire structure like barrels and some cacti.

Cheese thats exactly what I mean.
    It would be great if you could use scenery on rides.
    In Germany we have a theme park that made a simple top spin to a big thing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4cLcQUPDo#t=63
    I want to do something like that too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast