Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny/Cool Things That Peeps Do

I'd be willing to have peeps be a little more alive as one poster put it and dispense with the funny/cool items until the expansion packs if a bunch of the crappy behavior of the peeps was written out instead. In RCT3 it seems like no one ever wants to queue up for a ride...you build a massive high throughput ride and then you can't keep it steadily going through peeps because they refuse to queue up, as if there was no such thing as an hour long wait for a good ride at any real amusement park.

heres another thought,lil jr wants that big stuffed bear but daddy wont buy it so he stomps his feet crosses his arms and pouts

I said this in the other thread, but I would like peeps to seek shelter (restaurants, shops or even covered rides etc) when it rains instead of standing here thinking they're not going to go on (name of attraction). They end up spending money at the eatery or shop.

That being said, I would like them to recognize an indoor ride, whether it is pre-built or one you create yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I'm going to contradict myself a little now. In rant form, too.

I've seen a lot of requests for a "peep mode" and I think it could play into the whole "visit your friends' park" feature.

How about you design a peep. The peep is yourself. You make an "avatar" of yourself in peep form.
    And you can play as yourself in your buddy's park, or your own park.
    And your peep has basic necessities, similar to what we saw in RCT3: Happiness, hunger, bathroom, sunburn, etc.
    Your peep also has money. Separate from your park funds. The factors that determine the amount are still up in the air....
    And the way you play "peep mode" is by walking around the park (in 1st or 3rd person view) and using park facilities and rides to maintain those needs. Rides add happy, food decreases hunger, a map will provide a map, using toilets decrease bathroom, etc.
    Yes, much like The Sims. *roll eyes*

And at the end of my "visit", the amount of money I spend in the park is transferred to the park.
    Maybe not in "real-time". That would take a lot of work to pull off. More like World of Warcraft-ish. Maybe you get a little message the next time you log on:
    "Extra Cheese has visited your park! You've earned $120.00"
    "OTR24 has visited your park! You've earned $95.00"

Hell, why not the option to leave a message to the park owner?
    "Ratman the Bide was really fun and all. But seriously, dude, build some more food stalls. I was starving by the time I finally found one. And why are your umbrellas so expensive?"

But maybe if it's a rival park, I could go around causing some mischief myself? And see how long I can get away with my hijinks before park security catches on. That would be interesting.

I'm just throwing these out there.
    Be wary to the theory that the more "peep" we add, the less "park" we may get. Case in point: SimCity.
    I like this idea! That would be an awesome addition to the multiplayer aspect of this game. I'm a bit concerned about the mischief in the rival park aspect though, as this could promote trolling... For example when 3 players don't like a 4th player, they go to his park and try to destroy everything...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I'm going to contradict myself a little now. In rant form, too.

I've seen a lot of requests for a "peep mode" and I think it could play into the whole "visit your friends' park" feature.

How about you design a peep. The peep is yourself. You make an "avatar" of yourself in peep form.
    And you can play as yourself in your buddy's park, or your own park.
    And your peep has basic necessities, similar to what we saw in RCT3: Happiness, hunger, bathroom, sunburn, etc.
    Your peep also has money. Separate from your park funds. The factors that determine the amount are still up in the air....
    And the way you play "peep mode" is by walking around the park (in 1st or 3rd person view) and using park facilities and rides to maintain those needs. Rides add happy, food decreases hunger, a map will provide a map, using toilets decrease bathroom, etc.
    Yes, much like The Sims. *roll eyes*

And at the end of my "visit", the amount of money I spend in the park is transferred to the park.
    Maybe not in "real-time". That would take a lot of work to pull off. More like World of Warcraft-ish. Maybe you get a little message the next time you log on:
    "Extra Cheese has visited your park! You've earned $120.00"
    "OTR24 has visited your park! You've earned $95.00"

Hell, why not the option to leave a message to the park owner?
    "Ratman the Bide was really fun and all. But seriously, dude, build some more food stalls. I was starving by the time I finally found one. And why are your umbrellas so expensive?"

But maybe if it's a rival park, I could go around causing some mischief myself? And see how long I can get away with my hijinks before park security catches on. That would be interesting.

I'm just throwing these out there.
    Be wary to the theory that the more "peep" we add, the less "park" we may get. Case in point: SimCity.
    I like this idea too, since the first RCT I wanted to walk through my parks and I was very disappointed that RCT3 was in 3D but I didn't have the ability to see my park as a peep. I mean, in Theme Park World, which is from 1999 I can walk through my park, so why not in RCT?
    But I'm a bit sceptic about the needs from my avatar, it would be good, if we have the ability to toggle the needs on & off.

About the behavior of the peeps I think it would be funny to see groups of teenagers who are trying to hide in the scenery to drink alcohol and the security guards are trying to stop them

Just make peep behavior realistic.

Maybe have a few peeps puke every now and then, but it's not realistic to have half the peeps in the park puke every few minutes. Maybe occasional vandalism, but widespread vandalism is not realistic. How many people actually pee their pants at an amusement park? Not many. And how often are there riots and fighting among guests at an amusement park? Not often.

Again, whatever behavior you put into the game, please make it model real life behavior.
    Last edited by cap396; 05-29-2015 at 06:37 AM.

And don't detract from...ya know...actually making the game play itself fun. Peep behavior is a cute add-on, not a necessity of the game, if you ask me. It should be way down on the to-do totem pole.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Oh, this is cool!

-How about peeps take photos with entertainers?
    -Peeps line up for photos.
    -Peeps use phones to take pictures.
    -Peeps run when going to an exciting ride.
    -More behavioral, but peeps run to the big rollercoaster when the park opens.
    -Peeps get frustrated when rides break and are more likely to cause vandalism.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraCheese View Post
    I like this idea! That would be an awesome addition to the multiplayer aspect of this game. I'm a bit concerned about the mischief in the rival park aspect though, as this could promote trolling... For example when 3 players don't like a 4th player, they go to his park and try to destroy everything...
    Easy fix: give the park owner the options to disable "peep mode" by others in your park. I was also going to say kick those people from your park, but that takes away the challenge; you run a little risk enabling those people to visit your park . However, for the newbies, that option should probably be disabled by default, yet the "enable" button should be easily visible to the (however that may work in the interface/menus).

I really liked the peeps turning to the camera and applauding when a scenario was won in RCT1.

I think it would be fun to see a peep immitate an entertainer.

On the morbid side, having peeps doing something stupid and getting hurt would be nice. Like standing up and falling out of log flume, or chairlift.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast