Thread: Importing parks from other RCT Games

Importing parks from other RCT Games

This is just a random feature I thought would be cool since I have roughly 150 parks in rct3.

Have a good day, Snakes

A lot of us have tons of parks, but I don't think that it will work or be necessary. Because the parks and formats of the parks in RCTW are going to be much different, the coasters will have a hard time being re-traced to their original RCT3 creations. AND, the editor in RCTW is going to be drastically different than the one in RCT3, maybe making it impossible for the coasters from the two games interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPointFan View Post
    A lot of us have tons of parks, but I don't think that it will work or be necessary. Because the parks and formats of the parks in RCTW are going to be much different, the coasters will have a hard time being re-traced to their original RCT3 creations. AND, the editor in RCTW is going to be drastically different than the one in RCT3, maybe making it impossible for the coasters from the two games interchangeable.
    You have a point there...

But also I bet Atari could configure rctw to be compatible with rct3 tracks, and maybe even be able to edit them

Junior Enthusiast
    It may happen, but it may not. We don't know if the editor will be drastically different. At one point we could've been slightly more sure of this but now we have no idea what to expect, so anything's possible.

I think we'll at least be able to import coasters, if not because it's in such high demand, but I dunno about whole parks yet...

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPointFan View Post
    But also I bet Atari could configure rctw to be compatible with rct3 tracks, and maybe even be able to edit them
    That would be cool,and bonus if it smoothens it out to be a better ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes View Post
    That would be cool,and bonus if it smoothens it out to be a better ride.
    Totally agree.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I think it would be nice if the devs took the time to recreate some of the original RCT parks. They wouldn't be exactly the same but reimagined using RCTW graphics.

Also some of the pre built coasters from RCT3 should make a return. As for parks I think the best we could do is recreate them ourselves. This isn't as bad as it sounds since RCTW should have a ton of new building tools to make our parks easier to build then before.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Yeah, this would be pretty cool. I mean, as far as I myself importing parks, I wouldn't use it too much. I use a lot of CS, so that would hold me back.

I agree with you. I have a lot of cs. I have all of silvarrets cs + whatever else I found
    BTW here is sivarrets cs, which makes up a majority of mine. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v8sh09djm...retCS.zip?dl=0