Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Open World Single Player?

Haha, thanks for the feedback!

Sounds similar to what I put in a different thread where you had 'Free Play' but still with a terraformed area rather than a flat lot. While I get that a flat lot gives you more scope for building whatever you like, I love the challenge of having a landscape to build around - a bit like Sim City - would be even better if it was proceduraly generated rather than a few set landscapes so every game was a new challenge

Maybe its just me but isn't that possible with the scenario creator in RCT3?

just give yourself some amount of money but don't set any targets. You can play forever without any goal but you do have a limited amount of money so you have to manage your park in a good way.

But it was still the flat plot of land which is why I've never really played sandbox. I get that you can make your own landscape in scenario editor but I'd much rather just be able to 'pick up and play' as I don't often have huge amounts of time for gaming

Yes Vampiro, it is. But a lot of users don't know that or how to use it, and I think it would be handy to have it as an option in the main menu.

Yes.. This is EXACTLY what i want.. i hated how RCT3 didnt allow you to do this without messing around with scenario editor.. You shouldnt have to make a custom map in order to have a standard game without cheats.

I agree with this. Support. Fun idea! From nothing to empire of everything!

I posted something similar to this over here:

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...e-sandbox-idea

But I went a little further, add in randomized terrain, randomized invention lists and semi-randomized goals....

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPanda View Post
    I think it should be called Free Play or Tycoon Mode.
    I agree. I like free play, but I don't want to penalize tycoonists.

I'm pretty sure this is how campaign mode will work, but I may just be misunderstanding the Devs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast