Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Open World Single Player?

  1. #1

    Open World Single Player?

    Something I've always wanted in RCT3 that it lacked, is doing a world NOT in sandbox, so you do have money, but not with missions either. Isn't that the point of tycoon games? To start with little money and then build a financial empire? I think having a "non-mission" single player option, where you start a park from scratch and you can choose the amount of money you start with. You also would start with a very small property, and as your park got bigger and more money started rolling in, you could buy more land. It's just a thought, so please tell me what you guys think!
    Thanks a ton,
    -CedarPointFan

  2. #2
    That actually sounds pretty good!

  3. #3
    Super Member magicart87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,848
    So basically Sandbox but with limited funds?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    So basically Sandbox but with limited funds?
    Exactly I always wanted freedom to build what I wanted, but I still wanted the realism of limited resources!

  5. #5
    Super Member magicart87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPointFan View Post
    Exactly I always wanted freedom to build what I wanted, but I still wanted the realism of limited resources!
    Sounds good to me. I like this idea, a lot!

  6. #6
    SleepyPanda - I always did the same thing. Custom scenario was the only way to accomplish this. Sometimes I would also set it so that scenery/rides from one or two themes had to be researched, so that I could "expand" my park later on after I'd built a few themed zones.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.gordon4 View Post
    SleepyPanda - I always did the same thing. Custom scenario was the only way to accomplish this. Sometimes I would also set it so that scenery/rides from one or two themes had to be researched, so that I could "expand" my park later on after I'd built a few themed zones.
    From the last couple of comments, it would appear trying to do this in rct3 is very tough… That's why i think it would be nice if Atari had it built in to rctw. Thanks for the posts guys; keep them coming!!!

  8. #8
    Super Member magicart87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,848
    What could it be called in the game?

  9. #9
    Probably something like this on the main menu:

    -Single Player
    -Online
    -Settings

    And if you clicked "single player" it goes to this:

    -Sandbox
    -Career
    -Normal (that's my idea)
    -Custom Scenario

    Does that sound about right?

  10. #10
    Passive Peep RandomMrBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPointFan View Post
    Probably something like this on the main menu:

    -Single Player
    -Online
    -Settings

    And if you clicked "single player" it goes to this:

    -Sandbox
    -Career
    -Normal (that's my idea)
    -Custom Scenario

    Does that sound about right?
    Sounds pretty dang good to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Visit other parks in Single Player mode
    By Brandon Carey in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 03:01 PM
  2. Wide Open World
    By magicart87 in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2015, 07:11 PM
  3. What can we expect in terms of a single player campaign?
    By Future RCT in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2015, 12:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us