Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lagg (RCT3, Post it here because more people look here :))

One of the biggest improvements in performance I've gotten was from when I installed Large Address Aware.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/th...s-aware.112556

It assists in "making applications large address aware. When a 32-bit application is large address aware, it can access up to 4 GiB on x64 operating systems and all memory that isn't used by the operating system and other applications on x86". The download is at the end of the very first post on that thread. Many other people who play RCT3 have installed it as well. I've not had any problems with severe lag or 'stuttering' since I got it. I still have problems when I get to a large file size, but that's another issue entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    One of the biggest improvements in performance I've gotten was from when I installed Large Address Aware.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/th...s-aware.112556

It assists in "making applications large address aware. When a 32-bit application is large address aware, it can access up to 4 GiB on x64 operating systems and all memory that isn't used by the operating system and other applications on x86". The download is at the end of the very first post on that thread. Many other people who play RCT3 have installed it as well. I've not had any problems with severe lag or 'stuttering' since I got it. I still have problems when I get to a large file size, but that's another issue entirely.
    There was another RCT3 specific work around to address the same issue in a different way, I think a memory access problem cause when Vista first came in. I recall it wasn't just lag, but issues with the game crashing go you gave it too much to think about!

A lot of people raised their virtual memory settings back with Vista, perhaps that was it?

I don't remember for sure, it's been awhile...and I'm old! LOL! But I do recall using that little fix and it helped as well.

I needed to update my drivers. I have this drivers now: http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...208.1%20-%2064

I have now this one. Can someone confirm that i have the right drivers . I think that i hav old drivers because a month ago I bought a new processor and motherboard. Thats (I think) the reason that my drivers went outdated.

Thanks a lot guys and I hope that i helped a lot of people who had this issue. Also, now I can play this game with full HD options (I made a screenshot, can you guys give me advice if this are the highest quality possible?):

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

To better assist you with your issue, we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into the ticket you submit.

To create a DXDiag report, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start" menu, then click "Run"
    2. In the "Open" box, type: DXDiag (hit enter)
    3. If this is your first time running DXDiag, click "Yes" to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
    4. Click "Save All Information" to create a DXDiag report.
    5. Choose a name and location for the dump file (for ease of finding it we recommend the desktop) and click "Save".

Thank you for playing!

It took you 9 months to get round to replying with a canned response? Jesus, no wonder the new games taking so long!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12