Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lagg (RCT3, Post it here because more people look here :))

Lagg (RCT3, Post it here because more people look here :))

I wanted to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum again, but however it laggs... It stutters all the time even when i can play games like FIfa 15, GTA etc all perfectly. But Rollercoaster will even stutter/lagging with the lowest setttings. Here are my specs:

- Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

- Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 57 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technologie

- 8,00GB Dual-Kanaal DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z97X-Gaming 3 (SOCKET 0)

- HW191D ([email protected])

- Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
    2048MBATI AMD Radeon HD 6570 (Sapphire/PCPartner)

- 1397GB WL1500GSA6472B (SATA)

- TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I think a i7 must be enough...

There's not much you can do about it with huge parks as RCT3 does not take advantage of newer DirectX software and the hardware it supports. BTW adding pools with a lot of people in them is one of the worst things in a large park if you want to lower the frame rate.

If this is happening with a new park with a low amount of peeps and rides etc I'd make sure the game is running from your AMD 6570 and not the built in Intel graphics from the i7 CPU.
    Last edited by AUS_Twisted; 05-20-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUS_Twisted View Post
    There's not much you can do about it with huge parks as RCT3 does not take advantage of newer DirectX software and the hardware it supports. BTW adding pools with a lot of people in them is one of the worst things in a large park if you want to lower the frame rate.
    I didnt even build something. With nothing build but a path it even laggs like hell...

Quote Originally Posted by TataNiqqa View Post
    Radeon HD 6570
    I'd say that's your problem right there. You've got a $300 processor running a $60 video card.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I'd say that's your problem right there. You've got a $300 processor running a $60 video card.
    Even though it's a really cheap card it should be fine for RCT3, RCT3 doesn't really take advantage of any card made in the last 5 - 6 years or so anyway.

He also did mention he plays other games without any issues.

But i can play FGifa 15 an all those new games fine....

Try looking for a NO-CD patch.
    It might run a little better if it was all coming off the HDD instead of the disk.

It might run a little better if it was all coming off the HDD instead of the disk.
    I have absolutely no idea were too look. Can you help me pls? Normally i would do it, but this time..

I had same problem and I'm using a £2000 ati card! There was a period of about 9 months when ati drivers dropped support for various routines that some older programs rely upon. All you need to do is update to latest drivers. Use ati own tool to ensure all driver components are updated.

Despite the original problems with rct3, especially soaked, it's now patched and really performs very well. The only limitation I ever get is when more than 500 peeps jump in the pool. But generally, it's amazing how well the game looks and performs over a decade later.

I tried this years ago, when game was still new. It actually pre-loads just about everything it needs into a single cache when it loads the park, hd access from that point is minimal. I'm fairly certain this is just a driver issue.

In any other instance, you would be bang on the money though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast