Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A True RCT World

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I don't want squares lol. Squares are so boring. Last time I checked in the real world no amusement parks or cities are perfectly square.

I want to be able to have a curvy park border fence if I want. I want to be able to use my money to buy land as I please. I want to draw the borders. I don't want them drawn for me.
    So ae your for or against previous RCT borders? You could buy land, but in essence, borders were sort of straight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    [I]

The next plot would be used to build a resort. Simply start by choosing a theme and budget. From there, build a lobby. Everything is snap on. No walls, roofs, or floors. Everything pre-made and ready to go. After your lobby is places, you'll need rooms! Build snap on hallways and stack them up. People from all around the world can now visit your resort. But wait, you still need amenities. How about an infinity pool? A water slide? A restaurant? The possibilities are endless and you have the tools to create anything you want. Resorts could take anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes. The best part? They're connected to your theme park metropolis via monorail.
    I know some people don't want it, but this has also always been my dream of the level of detail and themeing we could do with hotels and other "resort" features. My fingers remain crossed that this kind of thing is possible in the base game or in a future expansion DLC.

The next plot would be used to build a resort. Simply start by choosing a theme and budget. From there, build a lobby. Everything is snap on. No walls, roofs, or floors. Everything pre-made and ready to go. After your lobby is places, you'll need rooms! Build snap on hallways and stack them up. People from all around the world can now visit your resort. But wait, you still need amenities. How about an infinity pool? A water slide? A restaurant? The possibilities are endless and you have the tools to create anything you want. Resorts could take anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes. The best part? They're connected to your theme park metropolis via monorail.
    Are you referring to how the 2013 version of SimCity has ploppables? Their main buildings in-game come standard, and you as the mayor have to option to add expansion wings and extra "bits of fluff" to the building. I think that's what you're suggesting. If so, I say make this not only an option for resorts, but for rides and shops, too. That might be stealing from Maxis and EA, but maybe Atari can work some magic.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by ajackson880 View Post
    Are you referring to how the 2013 version of SimCity has ploppables? Their main buildings in-game come standard, and you as the mayor have to option to add expansion wings and extra "bits of fluff" to the building. I think that's what you're suggesting. If so, I say make this not only an option for resorts, but for rides and shops, too. That might be stealing from Maxis and EA, but maybe Atari can work some magic.
    Yes! I think that was genius. The game itself sucked, but that mad us for it.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    So ae your for or against previous RCT borders? You could buy land, but in essence, borders were sort of straight lines.
    Yea even back in the day on the original RCT I wanted curvy fences. Squares are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson880 View Post
    I'm ok with upgrades. I just don't to have to add modules to a building. Too much micro management.
    For example I just want to hit upgrade restaurant for $50000 boom done. Back to my park etc. Also realistic prices.
    A restaurant in real life cost at least 1 million.
    But for the game they could scale it down to $100000 to make it fair. but that's another discussion.
    I'll make another thread about pricing some other time. But you get the idea.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Yea even back in the day on the original RCT I wanted curvy fences. Squares are boring.

I'm ok with upgrades. I just don't to have to add modules to a building. Too much micro management.
    For example I just want to hit upgrade restaurant for $50000 boom done. Back to my park etc. Also realistic prices.
    A restaurant in real life cost at least 1 million.
    But for the game they could scale it down to $100000 to make it fair. but that's another discussion.
    I'll make another thread about pricing some other time. But you get the idea.
    I should also add to that. I'm ok with having the option to decorate and customize are stalls and shops as we please.
    Last edited by OTR24; 05-21-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I should also add to that. I'm ok with having the option to decorate and customize are stalls and shops as we please.
    I do agree with the fences. The other thing that kind of bothered me was how obvious they were. Now, in RCT3, you could change the fence so it looked more natural, but that's just a little something. Curved fences would be great.

The shops and stalls idea is very good. Being able to build onto preexisting things could be very useful. Someone call on the powers of Mattlab to take a gander.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12