Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A True RCT World

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Lightbulb A True RCT World

RollerCoaster Tycoon World. It's funny isn't it, how we don't get a game for x years, don't hear from the developer, and now we don't have a developer. I saw something this week that made me think a little deep. I was in Walt Disney World (cough cough) and was attending the One Man's Dream. It took us through how Walt Disney really created the Theme Park. Before it was just carousels and roller coasters. Now, you can enter a world of fantasy, travel back to the old frontier, or even go to a jungle in only a day.

RollerCoaster Tycoon is set apart from other Theme Park games by two distinct things; management and theming. See, you never only managed a theme park, you built a Candyland around it. Or you erected great Coliseums and played Roman music. Theming your rides was half the fun.

So, the thing I'm going to propose is using one of the most hated games to make an awe-inspiring idea for the franchise. This idea would take into account expansive theme parks, beautiful resorts, and fine restaurants. So, let's use the world's most hated game, SimCity, and change the past!

"All our dreams can come true if we have the corage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney

The one thing I think irked people the most about SimCity was that city thing. I've attached a photo so you know what I mean.

Simcity-Region.jpg

The idea was you could have a bunch if little cities connected that could help each other out. Instead, let's make it a combination of theme parks, resorts, and vibrant restaurant and entertainment complexes. This idea takes in what places like Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and similar places have done.

In each scenario, you would start with plots of land. You would start by owning two and building a theme park on one. This would be similar to all other RollerCoaster Tycoon games. You would be able to easily build the park of your dreams. No more explanation needed.
    "It's find of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

The next plot would be used to build a resort. Simply start by choosing a theme and budget. From there, build a lobby. Everything is snap on. No walls, roofs, or floors. Everything pre-made and ready to go. After your lobby is places, you'll need rooms! Build snap on hallways and stack them up. People from all around the world can now visit your resort. But wait, you still need amenities. How about an infinity pool? A water slide? A restaurant? The possibilities are endless and you have the tools to create anything you want. Resorts could take anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes. The best part? They're connected to your theme park metropolis via monorail.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity leads us to new things."
    -Walt Disney

I think we can learn a lot from Walt Disney. After all- this game probably wouldn't even existed without him. I hope you guys find my idea interesting. The monorail system could really be put to goo use. Until next time, Rollercoaster Tycoon!

Although I like the idea of separate sections of a theme park (yes Sim City was a disaster), I don't like your idea's about a resort.
    I think RCT world should be and remain a theme park simulation, where building a theme park is key. Sure I want to build hotels, but I dont like to be occupied with decorating the lobby or decide where which room is (there are other games to build hotels). I just want to select a type of hotel from the 'facilities' tab and place it somewhere at the side of my park, then continue the build the most amazing theme park the world has ever seen .

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraCheese View Post
    Although I like the idea of separate sections of a theme park (yes Sim City was a disaster), I don't like your idea's about a resort.
    I think RCT world should be and remain a theme park simulation, where building a theme park is key. Sure I want to build hotels, but I dont like to be occupied with decorating the lobby or decide where which room is (there are other games to build hotels). I just want to select a type of hotel from the 'facilities' tab and place it somewhere at the side of my park, then continue the build the most amazing theme park the world has ever seen .
    that's kind of what I meant. I don't know if you have played SimCity, but that's really what I was going after. Just plop lobby, and build rooms. I know a lot of people don't want resorts, but a lot of people do. We probably won't see anything like this anyway, haha

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraCheese View Post
    I just want to select a type of hotel from the 'facilities' tab and place it somewhere at the side of my park...
    I agree. Like I said in my Economics thread, hotels should be cash cows making us millions. Keep it simple. Click and drop. No modules please. Just small medium large options. I'll be reposting my idea for how I think hotels should work.

As for multiple plots. Please no. Just give us a large map and the ability to buy land and expand like the previous games. Give us enough room so that if we want to divide our parks into sections we have that option. I don't want to be forced to divvy up my park. I want enough room to build a safari park section, or aquatic section, or fantasy land section.
    Last edited by OTR24; 05-19-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I agree. Like I said in my Economics thread, hotels should be cash cows making us millions. Keep it simple. Click and drop. No modules please. Just small medium large options. I'll be reposting my idea for how I think hotels should work.

As for multiple plots. Please no. Just give us a large map and the ability to buy land and expand like the previous games. Give us enough room so that if we want to divide our parks into sections we have that option. I don't want to be forced to divvy up my park. I want enough room to build a safari park section, or aquatic section, or fantasy land section.

Multiple plots should be reserved for multiplayer only.

Imo the campaign should work like this. Were CEO of a theme park corporation. we start off with a small plot of land to build our first park. Then like six flags we expand our theme park empire around the world. It becomes more challenging as we go along. The areas we build our parks in could be based on real life locations. Zoo tycoon did this. One scenario was based in Florida another Germany etc...RCTW should do the same.
    while I see what you mean by dividing your park, that's not true at all. 0%. Disney parks are some of the larger in the world. You don't need to divide them up.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    while I see what you mean by dividing your park, that's not true at all. 0%. Disney parks are some of the larger in the world. You don't need to divide them up.
    Well then the devs should gives us the option to build our park border fence any way we want. And also give us the ability to have multiple entrances. For example I buy land on one part of the map and have that be my water park. I buy more land separate from the water park for a safari park. OR we can just buy one big plot of land and have one big park. I just want options is what I'm saying. Some ppl want multiple plots. Others like me don't. So I hope we have the option to build our park borders any way we want.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    Well then the devs should gives us the option to build our park border fence any way we want. And also give us the ability to have multiple entrances. For example I buy land on one part of the map and have that be my water park. I buy more land separate from the water park for a safari park. OR we can just buy one big plot of land and have one big park. I just want options is what I'm saying. Some ppl want multiple plots. Others like me don't. So I hope we have the option to build our park borders any way we want.
    Yeah I agree. Like I said, I, by no means want a SimCity disaster. I just think something like this may fit.

I like how Cities Skylines does land plots, but make sure each plot is a decent size.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    I like how Cities Skylines does land plots, but make sure each plot is a decent size.
    I don't want squares lol. Squares are so boring. Last time I checked in the real world no amusement parks or cities are perfectly square.

I want to be able to have a curvy park border fence if I want. I want to be able to use my money to buy land as I please. I want to draw the borders. I don't want them drawn for me.

Just because it's in a square or rectangle, doesn't mean everything inside has to conform. Also maybe when getting new plots, you can do your own border.
    Last edited by RCTW1; 05-19-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast