Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The devblog6 Speculation and Discussion Thread

The devblog6 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Who do you think the new development team is? Whatever happened to Area 52? What new features do you think will be announced? How much better will the graphics be? How will coaster supports look? Will they add dark rides? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? How many days has it been since devblog 6, and when is devblog 7?

This is the thread to discuss all of this and more.

who cares what happened to Area 52 games as long as there out of the picture its a step in the right direction. and it takes 476 licks lmao(did a project on it in middle school lmao) and honestly I give it another 2 months

I did a little digging around and came across Firaxis Games. Firaxis was co-founded by Sid Meier who used to work for Micropose, so he's probably had his hand on RCT before in a previous installment. But wait, it gets better. Around the time that we were all playing RCT3, Firaxis released "Sid Meier's Railroad!", which was a sort of sequel to Railroad Tycoon 3. And more recently, released Civilization: Beyond Earth, the latest sequel in the Civilizations series. Both games received very decent scores.

Given Sid's experience with sequels to popular game series and past experience with Micropose, could Firaxis be the new developer put in charge of RCTW?

Doesn't matter, Atari's involved. As long as thy don't change, this game will continue going down the tracks.

I really want to know about the tootsie pop

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    [QUOTE
    A bunch of tweens posting multiple threads to discuss the same topic. Extremely annoying.[/QUOTE]Your ignorance amazes me. You said that you hate when "Tweens" go crazy over DevBlogs. I honestly don't have a problem with your post, even though that's what the comments are for,
    but why say that if you're going to completely ignore your own post?
    Last edited by coaster6; 05-14-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I did a little digging around and came across Firaxis Games. Firaxis was co-founded by Sid Meier who used to work for Micropose, so he's probably had his hand on RCT before in a previous installment. But wait, it gets better. Around the time that we were all playing RCT3, Firaxis released "Sid Meier's Railroad!", which was a sort of sequel to Railroad Tycoon 3. And more recently, released Civilization: Beyond Earth, the latest sequel in the Civilizations series. Both games received very decent scores.

Given Sid's experience with sequels to popular game series and past experience with Micropose, could Firaxis be the new developer put in charge of RCTW?
    That would be awesome, but I don't think Sid will want to burn his hands on this project...

Matt's statement about the new dev team being kept a secret so they don't become distracted just strikes me as bizarre. If the new dev team wants to get involved with the community, isn't that a good thing?

And I'm reading a lot about Area 52 being gone. Are we sure? Matt never said specifically that "We want to thank them for their work, and getting us to this stage in development." (then again, Matt's not known for being very specific) I've also read that the Area 52 team was very small. Like, 5 people or something. Is there a possibility that they're still being kept around? Or at least in close contact should they find any bugs to fix?

The team seems to work like a Combat Rogue on a Killing Spree. They're dealing crit damage in burst, but have no control over where it's being directed. And when it's all said and done, they eliminate their high threat by Vanishing until their next Ambush opportunity.... When what they should be doing is keeping their Slice and Dice on cooldown and take full advantage of their Bandit's Guile to maximize DPS.
    Last edited by The Stig; 05-15-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Some of my thoughts on the blog post and the community's reaction to it:

1. Mattlab may be stretching the adjectives in his blog posts, but the fact that he would use these words probably means a significant improvement. Why do I believe this? Because Atari now knows, with the trailer reaction, that taking a dump on the franchise is going to end them and they will probably never come back. From that trailer alone, quite obviously in pre-alpha, they lost TONS of support from their fans, and many people thought RCT was RIP. If Mattlab and Atari are using adjectives in their blog posts now to raise the community's expectation level from that trailer, I just don't believe that Atari will be that stupid to kill those terms he used to (try to) hype the community regarding the game.

2. We all pretty much know by now that Mattlab is listening. While the blog posts have a chance of being a load of market-talk, Mattlab has responded plenty o' times to posts around the forums. He even said he sent some ideas in the forum to the dev team! This should mean that Mattlab knows what the community wants regarding the game's functions, and thus he should be, in theory, a pretty reliable figure in the community. I don't think he would post a load of BS at the same time he's responding to feature requests and asking questions about the community's viewpoint on a multitude of topics.

I may edit in more thoughts late, but thinking this situation through in a realistic manner surprisingly hasn't dropped my hype for the game (much); I'm still feeling quite enthusiastic and excited about this upcoming RCT title.

By the way, I think it takes a little more thank 500 licks... but I'm not 100% sure...
    Last edited by RCTWLemondude617; 05-15-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast