Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Economics & Finances

About the sponsors, how about another park or park manager for that matter as there will be multiplayer?

if this game becomes too realistic on the economy side i might have to skip out on buying this game. I enjoy realistic games i just get frustrated on the economy part like Total war games and such. I only played the first total war a couple of times and kept losing a hour later because my economy was terrible, i also loss at Total War: Shogun 2 as well for the same reason. Although i do wish rct3 was a tad bit harder. for this reason there are other people out there as well who are terrible at controlling economy games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangheili View Post
    if this game becomes too realistic on the economy side i might have to skip out on buying this game. I enjoy realistic games i just get frustrated on the economy part like Total war games and such. I only played the first total war a couple of times and kept losing a hour later because my economy was terrible, i also loss at Total War: Shogun 2 as well for the same reason. Although i do wish rct3 was a tad bit harder. for this reason there are other people out there as well who are terrible at controlling economy games.
    One way to make it harder is to make it a little harder to do the management side of things. How much harder can it be to plunk down rides? So how much more difficult to you think RCTW should be over RCT3. 20%, 40%, etc

You are a genius OTR24.

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterNazi666 View Post
    maybe the attractions and coasters could be more realistically priced too.
    In RCT and sequels, they charged extra money for rides after any entrance fee. You dont see disney doing that. Maybe we could charge more money for entrance but not for individual rides. And maybe we can add annual tickets, 3 and 4 day passes and such to inspire peeps to come more often because their annual pass is running out.

Quote Originally Posted by cmrs345 View Post
    In RCT and sequels, they charged extra money for rides after any entrance fee. You dont see disney doing that. Maybe we could charge more money for entrance but not for individual rides. And maybe we can add annual tickets, 3 and 4 day passes and such to inspire peeps to come more often because their annual pass is running out.
    Depending on how you set up your options, you could charge separate admission and ride prices, just ride charges and free admission to the park, or just admission to the park and give out free rides.

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    or just admission to the park and give out free rides.
    I like the last option best, but however the players want it. Great idea

The three different ways of charging are all standard in RCT3

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Great ideas. Reading my older comments and getting feedback it seems like there are some simple solutions to make the game economy more dynamic and challenging without bumping prices up into the millions. Hope your reading this thread devs

Having limits for how much money players can borrow. Making interest payments higher. Which in the short term makes it more difficult but in the long term better because you can pay off loans faster. Adding in miscellaneous cost like property taxes and park upkeep. Increasing ride running cost. Make the prices for placing down rides stalls and scenery/paths slightly higher. When bulldozing a ride not getting money back. Making terra forming more expensive. Increasing staff wages. Having to pay wages for all the staff including ride operators and staff at shops and stalls.

At the same time there should be ways for players to make more money to help to offset some of the higher cost. Being able to charge more for food/drinks. Charging more for entrance tickets. Peep behavior should influence the game economy as well. Instead of each peep walking up and buying food. What if one group members could buy food for the whole all at once? This would speed up how fast peeps purchase food. Maybe tweaking the group dynamic so groups don't split up. If all the group members get on a ride the ride makes more money. Peeps leaving and getting tired faster. Instead of peeps leaving when they run low on money they leave because they are tired. If peeps get tired faster and leave sooner it allows more new peeps to enter the park. This would help players make money faster. And finally how many peeps are attracted to the park. The more peeps the more money!

Interest should fluctuate. A major chance that it will not change every month and half, but a chance that it will, and if the last time it moved was up, then a weighted chance it will move up again by a quarter of a percent. If it was moving down, than a weighted chance it would move down by a quarter percent. A chance to pretend that it is related to the real world and cycles and fluctuation

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345