Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Economics & Finances

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    My biggest pet-peeve about the games were 10k could build a coaster, where those numbers would be in the millions today.
    That's why I said the amount of money should be scaled up to units of 1000 or K. So instead of it being $10000 it would be 10000k or 10 million dollars. That's why I said taking out loans is the best solution to making cash quickly. As opposed to money farming. It would take forever to accumulate millions. But we wouldn't have to if we could just take out loans. But there should definitely be a credit rating to prevent abuse. Our park should be profitable before we can borrow more money. And to borrow huge sums of money we need a high credit rating.

Ways to bring in income:

1) Sponsors. We can entice sponsors (donor companies) to host attractions.
    2) Upcharge Special Day or Night Events
    3) Midway Games (quick and dirty way to money farm)
    4) Season Passes
    5) Sell Sell Sell. Gift shop exits (I laugh and die a little inside -- but it clearly works!)
    6) Upcharge in Food Prices

of course most of those directly impact the park guest. Not sure of other methods. Shake the Peeps till money falls out?

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    Ways to bring in income:

1) Sponsors. We can entice sponsors (donor companies) to host attractions.
    2) Upcharge Special Day or Night Events
    3) Midway Games (quick and dirty way to money farm)
    4) Season Passes
    5) Sell Sell Sell. Gift shop exits (I laugh and die a little inside -- but it clearly works!)
    6) Upcharge in Food Prices

of course most of those directly impact the park guest. Not sure of other methods. Shake the Peeps till money falls out?
    seems like a lot. I want realism but it needs to be simple.
    An easy hack to bring in millions is hotels.
    If you go back and read my first post Hotels should be cash cows. In the sense that guest would enter them the same way they enter a ride or rollercoaster. The only thing that would need to be tweaked would be energy levels. Every time a guest gets on a ride their energy level should drop. So say after like idk 5 rides. A peep gets tired and goes to a hotel. After a minute passes they come back out with energy recharged. we could charge like $50 to $100 for each time they enter the hotel. I'm ok with guest staying in my park for awhile but not riding $5 coasters over and over again. They should spend all their money at hotels. If hotels are a feature they could be the back bone of our park. Bringing in millions..

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    seems like a lot. I want realism but it needs to be simple.
    An easy hack to bring in millions is hotels.
    If you go back and read my first post Hotels should be cash cows. In the sense that guest would enter them the same way they enter a ride or rollercoaster. The only thing that would need to be tweaked would be energy levels. Every time a guest gets on a ride their energy level should drop. So say after like idk 5 rides. A peep gets tired and goes to a hotel. After a minute passes they come back out with energy recharged. we could charge like $50 to $100 for each time they enter the hotel. I'm ok with guest staying in my park for awhile but not riding $5 coasters over and over again. They should spend all their money at hotels. If hotels are a feature they could be the back bone of our park. Bringing in millions..
    Yes, but I hate the idea of hotels. Sry.

OK, so using your energy level idea. How about the Peeps just THINK to themselves "I need to rest. I think I'll go back to the hotel". Then they leave the park. Come back 10 minutes later (a half day in the game)with renewed energy and money in pocket. One in every 12 Guests would do this. You gain $65 each time this happens.

I'd much rather this hotel idea happen off site, and out of site.
    Last edited by magicart87; 05-27-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Investor VIP's

What if every now and then an investor VIP comes to our park looking to invest. Each investor would have different ride preferences, similar to a guest. Some prefer intense rides like Roller Coasters. Others less intense rides like chair swings. If they are impressed with our park. They gives us money. This sort of ties back in with my idea of more realistic pricing. If we had high interest payments on million dollar loans investors could help us pay off our debt. Although I think it's an idea that could be interesting even if devs don't go with realistic pricing.

That seems quite similar with the VIP's from RCT 3, which I really didn't like... I don't like the idea that some guy comes into my park and decides what I must do. I want to build my own theme park with my own choices.

Anyone played RCT4M? The game was constantly telling you what to upgrade or what to build in order to achieve the goal. You almost had no choice other to build it because you couldn't get far without completing the goals.

Now I know your suggestion is different from that, but in my humble opinion, forcing the player to do things to get bonuses doesn't fit in a simulation game, exceptions allowed of course in terms of park rating or build a coaster with this and that excitement rating / length etc.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraCheese View Post
    That seems quite similar with the VIP's from RCT 3, which I really didn't like... I don't like the idea that some guy comes into my park and decides what I must do. I want to build my own theme park with my own choices.

Anyone played RCT4M? The game was constantly telling you what to upgrade or what to build in order to achieve the goal. You almost had no choice other to build it because you couldn't get far without completing the goals.

Now I know your suggestion is different from that, but in my humble opinion, forcing the player to do things to get bonuses doesn't fit in a simulation game, exceptions allowed of course in terms of park rating or build a coaster with this and that excitement rating / length etc.
    All good points. Although it really wouldn't be that restricting. If each VIP had a different ride preference Then we could impress them without changing our park design. The only thing we would have to do is keep the park clean and provide places to eat etc...
    If the coaster they get on sucks they don't invest. If they have to walk 5 miles to get to the ride they want they become unhappy. Similar to guest. Basically just build a good park like we already do and the money would come pouring in. We could have multiple investors. The same investor could come back to our park and look to ride a new roller coaster that wasn't there last time. A real investor would come back to check on their investment. Then they decide whether or not to give us more money. Anyway just an idea I thought I throw out there. I wouldn't mind VIP's being removed entirely. But if they are not at least make them useful. Like giving us money.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Hm. Not bad. I agree with Cheese that it sounds a lot like VIP's. This could work.

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    Hm. Not bad. I agree with Cheese that it sounds a lot like VIP's. This could work.
    I feel the same way as coaster6

Junior Enthusiast
    I think it's a pretty good idea, especially for scenarios, but I wouldn't want it to be mandatory with every sandbox park I made...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast