Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom [Objects, Scenery, Flat Rides, Tracked Rides etc] management

Lightbulb Custom [Objects, Scenery, Flat Rides, Tracked Rides etc] management

It's inevitable the extensive plethora of creative talent who have developed the community backbone of RCT3 are going to want to include their efforts in RCTW, so it would be undoubtedly a considerable pleasure to have some form of management function that allows the importing, and perhaps creation of various custom components to the game.

So my question is, how would users like to see this be developed, and to Atari, any plans for such a function?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's inevitable the extensive plethora of creative talent who have developed the community backbone of RCT3 are going to want to include their efforts in RCTW, so it would be undoubtedly a considerable pleasure to have some form of management function that allows the importing, and perhaps creation of various custom components to the game.

So my question is, how would users like to see this be developed, and to Atari, any plans for such a function?
    Definetely something I'd like to see, with possible importing of existing RCT3 scenery into the game, there's some absolutely fantastic content out there, it'd be a shame for it to have to be re-engineered again. An official mode similar to how Steam do it would be ideal.

Let me add: With workshop integration please!

100% agree!

Can we actually have official tools this time around? Thanks.

BTW, the custom content creators will undoubtedly have to change what they made for RCT3 in order for it to work in the new game, so don't bother asking for conversion stuff. Besides, the RCT3 custom content was literally created to mimic the structure of the OVL files as close as possible. There are still things about RCT3 that we don't know why these things exist or how they work because there were no official tools.

This would probably be at the top of my list. Reason being, I know the creators of the game will not be able to put everything in the game we'd like, the creative minds we have in out community make up for that.

This is super important to the longevity of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Plokoon111 View Post
    This is super important to the longevity of this game.
    I agree.

There is a hurdle to jump through though and that hurdle is the multiplayer aspect of RCTW. I made a suggestion about having an official game server custom scenery repository where modders would submit an application to have their content become "global."

Passive Peep
    Allow for users to create custom scenery and upload them so that any other player can download for their own use.

Just one more thing that will make this game EPIC

I like the approach The Sims 3 took with their launcher and custom content manager. Something like that would be neat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast