View Poll Results: Should Atari have us add in more trains on our RCs by not extending the RC station?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Every rollercoaster in the entire freaking planet does this.

4 80.00%
  • No. I like the RCT3 way: Extend the station to add in more carts for my rollercoaster.

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coaster Station Realism

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Coaster Station Realism

One of the biggest dilemmas theme park owners had to face in the modern age is where to store my coasters when there not being used? Well, maybe not quite a dilemma, but a problem anyway! In my quest for coaster realism, I have devised a plan.

RCTW will most likely have closing times. This, in a sense, is when all the peeps would go home. Formerly, parks would be open 24/7 and rides would run non-stop. But, if your park is closing, your losing profits by running your rollercoasters.

loch-ness-monster-TsGW.jpg

I propose rollercoaster sheds, like on all real rollercoasters. When the park closes, the coasters would go on the transfer track and spend the night in the shed. While waiting for the park to open the next day, maybe the coasters transfer back over and run some test runs. These sheds could be used to house extra rollercoasters as well. If your park has a low attendance or the rides old, you could store a rollercoaster. Maybe this cuts back on operating coast, or requires less workers to run. It may take up more space, but the true spirit of a rollercoaster would live on.

Let me know what you think. A hassle, maybe, but I have never been to theme park that doesn't have this.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Not saying it's a bad idea but it is too much micro management. I already gave up hope on park closing times. The community seems to be very polarized by the idea of it. I rather the peeps sort vanish at the end of the day if this makes sense. At dusk a few peeps start disappearing by the end of the night they all have left the rides and disappeared.
    Then a new group of peeps arrive via monorail.

It would take too long for peeps to leave the park and catch the monorail so instead just make them disappear. Ik it's not realistic but it's a game and it solves a lot of issues. How will guest leave and when? Solved. How will they get to hotels? Solved. Just teleport them there. Night time would boring. No need for it now. You could just skip to the next day. (If you chose to)

Edit* go check out my idea for closing time. This might work better https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...perating-Hours
    Last edited by OTR24; 05-06-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    Not saying it's a bad idea but it is too much micro management. I already gave up hope on park closing times. The community seems to be very polarized by the idea of it. I rather the peeps sort vanish at the end of the day if this makes sense. At dusk a few peeps start disappearing by the end of the night they all have left the rides and disappeared.
    Then a new group of peeps arrive via monorail.

It would take too long for peeps to leave the park and catch the monorail so instead just make them disappear. Ik it's not realistic but it's a game and it solves a lot of issues. How will guest leave and when? Solved. How will they get to hotels? Solved. Just teleport them there. Night time would boring. No need for it now. You could just skip to the next day. (If you chose to)
    Eh, while I agree that this could be too in depth, I don't like the idea of them disappearing. that would be too unrealistic for me. for the night mode, just a simple tab showing the days profit or whatever would be good for me.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    Eh, while I agree that this could be too in depth, I don't like the idea of them disappearing. that would be too unrealistic for me. for the night mode, just a simple tab showing the days profit or whatever would be good for me.
    I hate the idea of them disappearing too, but it seems like the most logical solution. Trying to get a park full of peeps to leave all at once would be a buggy mess. At first closing time seemed like a fun idea but it really isn't practical and has no real gameplay value. And to clarify I'm not saying that at closing time your park goes from crowds everywhere to ghost town in an instant. At peak hours (Noon-evening) your park would be full to capacity. It trails off throughout the day. So peeps disappear slowly to the point where we wouldn't even notice. After the fireworks the night peeps would gradually disappear too and then next day would start. I like the communities ideas on closing time but it's not something that's needed.

Newcomer
    CBF with all that detail. Just a roller coaster simulator if fine.

That's not a station. That's a maintenance building.
    Last edited by The Stig; 05-06-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    you got me you could find a shed by searching rollercoaster shed on Google, so Loch Ness Monster's maintenance bay will do. I was just trying to show the general concept and that would be it, considering that's what a shed would look like either way.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Maybe it could be used by maintenance workers when fixing rides

I wouldn't want EVERY coaster in my park to have a switch track maintenance bay but it's a unique idea. I never did like it when the mechanics entered the ride queue or exit line to "fix" the rollercoaster. Maybe this should be an optional track element or as an unlockable. It could also allow for the mechanics to fix the coaster quicker.
    Last edited by magicart87; 06-11-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I hate the idea of them disappearing too, but it seems like the most logical solution. Trying to get a park full of peeps to leave all at once would be a buggy mess. At first closing time seemed like a fun idea but it really isn't practical and has no real gameplay value. And to clarify I'm not saying that at closing time your park goes from crowds everywhere to ghost town in an instant. At peak hours (Noon-evening) your park would be full to capacity. It trails off throughout the day. So peeps disappear slowly to the point where we wouldn't even notice. After the fireworks the night peeps would gradually disappear too and then next day would start. I like the communities ideas on closing time but it's not something that's needed.
    A compromise: 1/2 of the guests we see actually leave while other guests simply just disappear. Closing time can still be added to the game but I'd prefer it for only certain scenarios.
    Last edited by magicart87; 06-11-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast