Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: over 1 month !!

Quote Originally Posted by imiha View Post
    It was representation of how the game was at the time, but I think that response from the community was enaugh for them to realize what crap of the game they made and are now trying again from the scratch (except the base and sketches). I think game will be ready sometime in q1 or q2 2016.
    That's quite an optimistic timescale given that they have no developer! area52 are technically still engaged so far as we know, but we also know most of their tiny team of staff left some time ago.

That and the fact area52 have never made a full pc game.

It's been almost 2 months! We're gonna need a new thread that says "over 2 months!!"

Just in case nobody knows how to go into the Announcements section and see when the last devblog was posted, we're going to need a new one of these every month or so. Also, I think it would help tremendously if we all created new threads at random along the lines of "What's going on?" "Be honest with us, Atari!" "Mattlab, Where are you?" etc.

Bonus points awarded to all caps and extra exclamation points.
    .... And a free t-shirt for every misspelled word.

Get to it, guys. You know what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    It's been almost 2 months! We're gonna need a new thread that says "over 2 months!!"

Just in case nobody knows how to go into the Announcements section and see when the last devblog was posted, we're going to need a new one of these every month or so. Also, I think it would help tremendously if we all created new threads at random along the lines of "What's going on?" "Be honest with us, Atari!" "Mattlab, Where are you?" etc.

To achieve what though? Best guess is this forum/community is already a pain for Atari to deal with, along with their other problems. The site wouldn't survive at all if it was only serving to put off newcomers by showing them that 90% of ppl here have pretty much given up hope - and certainly belief!

You need a new avatar though Das Stig won't be what he used to be this time next year...

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

Mattlab comes back in 3 months to show us progress.
    "Hey everyone I would like to show you our waaa?"
    "Where did everybody go???"
    Click...
    "Frontier released Coaster Park Tycoon screenshots???"
    "Sigh..."
    Poor Mattlab

Yea...if Frontier shows off CPT at E3 and even if the Alpha footage looks marginally better than RCTW (Honestly I don't think anything could look worse) then Atari is screwed. This game honestly is going to sell on name alone...I really hope they make me eat my words. But I doubt it.

The only way Atari can save itself is to bring out a game which is actually a sequel to the Rollercoaster Tycoon games. That means it needs to be better and prettier than it's predecessors. I really seriously doubt RCTW can reach that minimum, but I remain hopeful after Mattlab announced the whole project was being overhauled. It's been a long time since the last blog post, so I'm really interested in the progress the team has made (if there is still a team, hello area 52?).

If Frontier shows CPT footage on E3 which will look promising (or better than RCTW gameplay trailer), I guess a lot of people will place their hopes on that game as it will be the best there is at that moment. Either CPT will blow away Atari or it will be a neck to neck race. I personally prefer the latter, as competition is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraCheese View Post
    The only way Atari can save itself is to bring out a game which is actually a sequel to the Rollercoaster Tycoon games. That means it needs to be better and prettier than it's predecessors. I really seriously doubt RCTW can reach that minimum, but I remain hopeful after Mattlab announced the whole project was being overhauled. It's been a long time since the last blog post, so I'm really interested in the progress the team has made (if there is still a team, hello area 52?).

If Frontier shows CPT footage on E3 which will look promising (or better than RCTW gameplay trailer), I guess a lot of people will place their hopes on that game as it will be the best there is at that moment. Either CPT will blow away Atari or it will be a neck to neck race. I personally prefer the latter, as competition is always good.
    This is in my opinion exactly why the Atari are silent and Area52 appear to be disengaged, at least when it comes to saying anything about the project. I doubt Frontier will have anything to show as soon as E3 but the point is that Atari can't realistically push forwards with RCT3 until Frontier show their hand with CPT.

I said it in a more detailed post ages ago - but in a nutshell, Atari have to decide what budget to commit to RCTW in light of the problems to date, and they have to judge what the return will be on their investment. Not having the faintest idea what Frontier are working on and how ambitious it is makes those sorts of decisions impossible at the moment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123