Thread: How RCTW Could Make Everyone Happy With Supports

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Lightbulb How RCTW Could Make Everyone Happy With Supports

Mattlab recently confirmed realistic supports, but that doesnt mean everyone will be satisfied. So you say, "they can just use CS." Wrong. Since the coasters will be off the grid, this won't be possibe. But I see a way this could work. We already have the node system. Why not add another node system for supports? We could put any type of supports we wanted, and customize our own. This would take away the pain f having to built the support, place the knuckles, insert the all the little details to make it realistic, heck t could even have footers! please don't yell at me because this idea sounds similar to Theme Park Studio, likely TPS wouldn't be around if it weren't for this franchise!

All they need to do was have realistic supports. That makes everyone happy.

^^ I think that's a great idea. It would solve a lot of problems with being off the grid

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMrBrick View Post
    Well kinda. Doesn't really bother me.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    Well kinda. Doesn't really bother me.
    But it bothers the people who play RCT to show off their work. 99% of the roller coasters that get attention on YouTube and other sites, have custom supports.

Newcomer
    but that might not satisfy everyone. No one knows if they will look good or not.

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    Adding this could please a lot of people, just as long as it is an optional feature. Remember, RCT appeals to a large group of audiences, so unnecessary complexion could be a turn off for some people.

However, detailing and creativity make this genre for a lot of people, so more features == better game .

Quote Originally Posted by 0BobTheJanitor View Post
    Adding this could please a lot of people, just as long as it is an optional feature. Remember, RCT appeals to a large group of audiences, so unnecessary complexion could be a turn off for some people.

However, detailing and creativity make this genre for a lot of people, so more features == better game .
    Its a balance for sure! Thats the key. The game has to remain accessible to everyone but allow "power users" to do what they want as well.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Newcomer
    I think it's great that you are trying to find the right balance for the game. While I do like some realism I am just as much if not more interested in the managing of the park aspect of the game. The more features and options the better. Sounds like you are on the right track to me. Thanks for keeping us more informed here lately!

Quote Originally Posted by CJC23 View Post
    I think it's great that you are trying to find the right balance for the game. While I do like some realism I am just as much if not more interested in the managing of the park aspect of the game. The more features and options the better. Sounds like you are on the right track to me. Thanks for keeping us more informed here lately!
    We are looking at all aspects of the simulation. What makes sense and what doesn't what can we improve, what do we need to completely throw out and change. How can we make the game smarter.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

I think a lesson can be learned from TPS. They're all about "features" look at all the stuff you can customize! Customize EVERYTHING! Uber customability! Look! Look at all the neat stuff we have.

Then you open it up, and it's so non-intuitive....so boring...so not a game. As long as the base game is solid, then we can go from there. It sounds like that's what Matt is getting at. It's the game experience that keeps you playing. Features can always be added as additional downloads or by the community. But if you screw up the mechanism behind, say, supports, then it's worthless. Still super glad to hear no toothpicks. A node-based support system that has a default setting that we can mess with sounds like the best idea. If you don't care about supports, then the auto-generated ones will work for you. Otherwise, we can click on a support, switch it out easily, and slide it along the track. THAT would be my ideal.