Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building into Mountains/ the ground

Building into Mountains/ the ground

Please make it possible again to build rollercoasters/pathways/anything into mouintains and the ground/terrain that would make building way more easier and it was in awesome Feature in the earlier games.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I would like the ability to shape the tunnels diameters size and shape. Also the type of material it's made out of like wood, concrete, and Stone. As for the shape the ability to make a square tunnel. An octagon tunnel or circular tunnel would be awesome. Also the ability to add lights and choose the color of the lights for a certain theme.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I would like the ability to shape the tunnels diameters size and shape. Also the type of material it's made out of like wood, concrete, and Stone. As for the shape the ability to make a square tunnel. An octagon tunnel or circular tunnel would be awesome. Also the ability to add lights and choose the color of the lights for a certain theme.
    Great idea! I would love these options!

If anything I'd just like to see the tunnels from RCT1+2 as they looked decent.

Being able to manipulate the tunnels and possibly actually place scenery inside would be amazing! Always found the inside of an underground ride just looked ugly.

Junior Enthusiast
    Underground tunnels were the worst. Clowner technically you can place scenery underground, especially if it cleared out a large area; I do it all the time. BUT it is an extreme hassle and the blocky walls are just awful. Not to mention some coaster views are higher up and so you literally go through the wall when going up and there's not really much you can do about it. So annoying.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ng r4t View Post
    Underground tunnels were the worst. Clowner technically you can place scenery underground, especially if it cleared out a large area; I do it all the time. BUT it is an extreme hassle and the blocky walls are just awful. Not to mention some coaster views are higher up and so you literally go through the wall when going up and there's not really much you can do about it. So annoying.
    I think going back to the original RCT model for tunnel building would be a good step. A smooth transition when going underground id important too. I want realistic lighting on the coaster cam. When plunging underground the coaster camera should take a second to to refocus like a real camera would.

Newcomer
    I always loved making coasters and paths underground. RCT 1 and 2 did a good job with this but RCT 3 did not- The thing that drove me crazy with tunnels in RCT 3 was how if you had a coaster underground or close to a raised piece of land it would just make a huge opening in the land....Kind of defeats the purpose of the tunnel. I think tunnels and important aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by k1ng r4t View Post
    I know it is possible, but I never had the patience to actually try and place scenery in the tunnels, besides the entrance. Underground was too fiddly.

I too would like to see better tunnels in RTCW. I like the idea of making them different shapes/styles, but honestly just something that looks better (i.e. a cutout large enough to fit the coaster without going through the walls and a smooth transition between each tile) would be just fine with me! A good way to incorporate it could potentially be an option (or two or three at most) that comes up whenever you are about to go underground and you can click on which tunnel shape you want to use (similar to how you could toggle on/off the covered pieces of a water slide), then you could add the wall colors to the terrain menu where you can change the style of undergound/exposed wall colors. (Like how you toggled the cliff faces in RTC3) Anyway, that is how I would do it to keep it simple.

Ultimately, I just want to see something a little better and going back to the RTC1/2 styles would still be an improvement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast