Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building into Mountains/ the ground

How in the world was RCT1&2 tunnels better? It's not like you could see inside them.

I want to be able place rides and stalls underground too. Maybe we could a tool to hollow out underground. I want to make a dwarf city if I can. Also being able to do this you could make cool mountains or maybe land bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    How in the world was RCT1&2 tunnels better? It's not like you could see inside them.
    You can actually control them. In rct1-2, you made your own tunnels and it was very easy to do with the tile system. In rct3 if the surface wasn't perfectly vertical and the coaster perfectly straight, it cleared space by basically blowing up whatever was in the way, and it was WAYYY to easy to do by accident and have a giant gouge in a hill

Junior Enthusiast
    Yeah TPS has a good system where you have 3 options on how to handle terrain when building into it. I actually really like it.

All they had to do in RCT3 to make underground scenery 300x better is make it so we have "markers" so we can see where the open areas are at underground when trying to place scenery. For instance if you make a coaster and it clears a huge section out, when you tried to drag walls down there there was no way to tell where the wall was at, so you just had to build 100 walls to be sure it covered the open section.

If they just add this one thing in RCTW I will be satisfied. Hopefully it'll be even more streamlined than this, but that seriously would've made things so. Much. Easier.

This doesn't solve the issue of having to raise the terrain slightly first before a coaster makes a tunnel, but it's a start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12