Thread: 16th Anninversy of Roller Coaster Tycoon

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

16th Anninversy of Roller Coaster Tycoon

On March 31st it will have been 16 years since the release of the original RCT.
    I would like to see a mobile remake of the original that features coasters and scenarios from Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 combined together.
    Chris Sawyer worked on a Transport Tycoon game for mobile. I was hoping for something similar with RCT.
    I would gladly pay $20 for a mobile version.
    Last edited by OTR24; 03-28-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    On March 31st it will have been 16 years since the release of the original RCT.
    I would like to see a mobile remake of the original that features coasters and scenarios from Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 combined together.
    Chris Sawyer worked on a Transport Tycoon game for mobile. I was hoping for something similar with RCT.
    I would gladly pay $20 for a mobile version.
    Indeed it is! Today is the 16th anniversary of the game that started it all! What an amazing franchise.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Indeed it is! Today is the 16th anniversary of the game that started it all! What an amazing franchise.
    I know you're busy working on RCTW but a mobile version of the original game would be greatly appreciated.

Also giving away the a free digital copy of rollercoaster tycoon 1 when people purchase RCTW world would be great

I know you're busy working on RCTW but a mobile version of the original game would be greatly appreciated.
    Definitely. I want a real mobile version as well. Otherwise, we have to wait for the FreeRCT-team to finish their game and port it to non-PC devices. That might take a while.

Also giving away the a free digital copy of rollercoaster tycoon 1 when people purchase RCTW world would be great
    The Download-Version is at 5,49€ (GoG.com). They even offered it for less than one Euro. I think it is rather affordable. Maybe they should make bundle-option like: All parts for 5-10 Euro more than RCTW or 50% off for all other parts after buying RCTW.

Anyway. I've spent so many hours with RollerCoaster Tycoon. This videogame is probably one of the few videogames that never feel old. It's still a joy to see my guests having fun in my park.

16 years still playing this game today its a great game

It's over 17 now! If anyone is still interested I found an article the other day that had an interview with Chris Sawyer who said he was working on putting RCT2 onto mobile. I know this is a super late reply but there aren't many threads to look through in the original RCT section :P
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...coaster-tycoon