Thread: Share your park: Campaign Mode & Custom parks [+ Screenshot Guide]

Post Share your park: Campaign Mode & Custom parks [+ Screenshot Guide]

ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON 2 SCREENSHOTS GUIDE - ANY EXPANSION

SCREENSHOTS GUIDE:

First of all, you have to know how to take a capture. You can use an external program, or you can use the in-game hotkey (Crtl+S by default). Important: Impr Paint key does not work with RCT2.

The screenshots might be a little bit tricky to find:

- If you're running RCT2 on XP, they should be on your Program File folder -> Atari > RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 > Screenshots.
    - If you're running RCT2 on Windows 7, they might be located on C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Atari\RollerCoaser Tycoon 2. To have access to this folder, you must press the Windows key + R and then type %appdata%. Once you're in that folder, you should go back to AppData (by pressing it on the direction bar) and open "Local". Then look for the Atari folder.
    - Finally, if you can't find them anywhere on your PC, you can use the search tool. All your screenshots should be named after this format: "SCRXX.BMP", being XX two numbers.
    Once you have found them, move them to any folder you wish. Then you should change the image format, BMP to PNG (recommended). You can do that by opening them on Paint, and then saving them as "SCRXX.png", this should allow you to upload your images to any image hoster.

So now, the last step is to upload them. If you're posting your captures I recommend using imgur.com, you can use any other server to share the save files.

As an example I'll leave some screenshots I took from the campaign mode (RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack - After the Asteroid)

IMGUR ALBUM

Edit note: I just realized I messed up the title, sigh.
    Last edited by WadyC; 12-15-2014 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Lots of formatting.

Newcomer
    For those of you wondering what the aerials are in this first post, they are from Kumba & Movie Park Germany at New Element.

This tutorial is a great way to get screenshots with a completely unmodified game. However, with the windowed mode ddraw plugin, you can take much crisper screenshots by using printscreen or the windows snipping tool. You have to modify your game to do this, but the resulting screen looks a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by inthemanual View Post
    This tutorial is a great way to get screenshots with a completely unmodified game. However, with the windowed mode ddraw plugin, you can take much crisper screenshots by using printscreen or the windows snipping tool. You have to modify your game to do this, but the resulting screen looks a lot better.
    Would you mind sharing with the class? I'm interested!

http://www.gog.com/forum/rollercoast...wed_mode/page1

Warnings include: possible white/black windows, occasional black bar, mouse inaccuracy(usually with the black bar), smelly farts, and issues changing resolution. Most of these are solved by restarting the game. For the farts, you're on your own.

Hi, do you know how to get the screenshout "cutout" like the first two images in the OP? I can only seem to get general screen-shots of the actual screen. Cheers.

Photoshop. They took the background color and converted it to alpha/transparent.

Ah, right. Thanks, I expect you could probably do something similar on GIMP (I don't use image editing software enough to warrant buying Photoshop) so I might give it a go when I have a spare couple of hours.

+1 Great Tutorial!