Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The devblog #5 Announcement Reaction Thread

The devblog #5 Announcement Reaction Thread

Here is the announcement that was made today:
    https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...ll=1#post13055

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-13-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Why not just post your reaction in the actual thread? Lol.

My reaction. They have no game. Matt stalling for time. The release dates are likely not achievable, Of course the footage is pre-alpha, because the game is currently pre-alpha. If he actually had any other footage or screens, he would have put them up already. The Dev team will be working around the clock to cook up something that is acceptable but won't actually represent the current state of the game.

The only thing I'm left surprised at is why they are letting this continue, and don't just close shop.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    Why not just post your reaction in the actual thread? Lol.
    Because we still have people like Brad.

Alright. I'll kick things off here:

First of all, I'm glad we finally got something. We finally have the official word that "Yes, the trailer is pre-alpha."

the trailer we released that was filmed using a pre-alpha version

Secondly, I want to break down what was said here:

Unfortunately, the team has been beyond busy working on the game and although I wanted to get the post out this week, I haven’t been able to get to it…!
    This is a good thing, people. This means that what we saw in the trailer is beyond a far cry of what we are getting.

we will address your comments about the pre-alpha trailer, recent progress with the game, the engine, and the art in the game
    This is good news, too. Instead of the next devblog being about the new coaster editor (which is what it was originally going to be), we're going to finally get some real answers. The fact that the game engine was even mentioned means that the graphics are being worked on.

And finally, we get this little gem:

We want to open the doors of communication to the project as quickly as possible but also want to make sure what we say is what we can stand behind.
    You hear that? That has honestly got to be one of the most admirable things I've heard from the devs yet. They're not going to make promises we cannot keep. Does this mean that everything discussed in previous devblogs are still true? Even though they weren't shown in the trailer? I'm feeling optimistic about this one.

All in all, I think this was the most informative announcement we've seen in a long time.
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-13-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Because we still have people like Brad.
    Yep, people who are willing to give their reaction in two threads. Maybe we should create a third just so I get another chance to voice my disappointment

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I'm happy we got information but not fond that Mattlab still can't GET the info. I capped-bc I'm on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    I'm happy we got information but not fond that Mattlab still can't GET the info. I capped-bc I'm on mobile
    Totally agree Mattlab should be able to get the info and tell us the truth.

The only question I am looking for is if the "Pre-Alpha" footage is the current build or not... if it is, we are probably looking at a 2016 release date... I wouldn't thought it would have been so hard to mention that as that would have calmed down pretty much everything... that doesn't take all week to get a confirmation on that.
    Last edited by VACkillers; 03-13-2015 at 05:40 PM.

This is pritty much how I feel; I'm waiting for new in game footage. For me Matt has lost credibility and that can only be undone with in game footage.

At this point though, Im happy to sit and wait, I wont pre-order (when available) or even buy until I've seen some footage and read a few reviews. I'm just a customer who initially would have bought it based on the name, but this blog, forum and Matt have atleast confirmed that I should wait before spending the £40. (Cost estimated)

I just find it disappointing that a AAA game can turn so negative, which is opposite to how I feel about Parkitect, a game which is coming along brilliantly, backed with great communication, and just two Devs. They are doing everything right.
    Last edited by Brad210; 03-13-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by VACkillers View Post
    The only question I am looking for is if the "Pre-Alpha" footage is the current build or not... if it is, we are probably looking at a 2016 release date... I wouldn't thought it would have been so hard to mention that as that would have calmed down pretty much everything... that doesn't take all week to get a confirmation on that.
    Well, it shouldn't take all week to answer, but apparently it does. Why? I wish I knew. I do know that devs always have to cut through masses of red tape, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast