Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Blog Post / News - Where is Production Blog #5?

I want to be able to help out Atari. I believe that at this point, a pre-alpha or whatever version is the best should be put out to the forum subscribers. Then we can get our hands on it and see how the game functions. Because really in my opinion, the main issue with the trailer was the visual appearance. That can be easily changed later. Just ask anyone who modded a game... So if the game runs and feels great, then I feel faith can be restored

Newcomer
    Ok...I have seen the trailer, sorry... The pre Alpha footage trailer.....
    Well...I have to say that is quite disturbing...
    Seems Atari havin' hard Hard times with the game/community/devs'....

I wish you luck, and courage for the future, I think you'll need it.

Newcomer
    This is what I'm talking about . Someone who is actually clueless about why a person is complaining about a game that is still in devlopment. No where in any form does a developer/producer need to disclose any information about a game thats in devlopment. Developers/producers disclose information about a game in devlopment for many reasons. Some are for plablicity and constructive feedback.
    I do believe that Atari is doing it for feedback and plublicity. and there may be more to it. I'm not in the testing phase of RCTW. But I'm in the testing of 2 other roller coaster games/simulators that have not been anounced simply because of whats going on within these forums. Developers/producers today and will be in the near future, won;t disclose any details about an upcomming game until the very last second.
    So how does this effecvt me and you? Simply put our feedback will not be used in the final release of the game. Plus when the game is released, many will rant and bash it until the game is delayed over and over. At the end we the customer are screwed out of our feedback that would have been implimented into the game.
    I have been testing games for many years now and can asure you that these devlopers/producers want our cunstructive feedback. Saying that the devloper will crash and burn or go bankrupt is not constructive feedback.
    I read a comment saying that they were looking for a new developer. SO...its not like its the first time a devlopers has been replaced.
    Saying that Atari is having issues with the game/community/devs', is clueless. Simply someone like this doesn't know what is involved in creating a game in todays world.

I see the frustration with everyone here. I saw the trailer and thought it was total crap. I do see now that the trailer was pre-release of game as I have been toying with theme park studio game but game play is complicated and you can't build full park like in RCT and make money and manager a park so the novelty is not there. I do hope when game comes out that supports trains and coasters are a lot more realistic. The flat and thrill rides are realistic not this crap that would never exist in real world. I hope it looks better then RCT 3 as trailer looks like RCT 1 in 3D. If game is crap then frontier will learn from mistakes when they build their new coaster game in 2016 Coaster Park Tycoon.......

Newcomer
    Imho, RCTW needs to be on par with, or better than Theme Park Studio otherwise it doesn't deserve the rct title.

Though, there isnt as much going on in that game apart from rides moving about.
    Last edited by Aaronroberts; 03-15-2015 at 01:45 PM.

I'm sorry, but I'm not riding this "good confidence" train, until I get some visual proof. I'm not expecting perfection, but Atari has messed up once with RCT4M, maybe twice with the Gameboy version. I don't even have a "demands" list of stuff needed for RCTW, I know and understand that Mattlab is trying really hard, but reading blogs of stuff, and my uncertainty of Area 52's skill and talent is wearing quite thin. Atari and Area 52, please bring some confidence.
    Last edited by RCTW1; 03-15-2015 at 02:45 PM.

This just got beyond ridiculous, the game is lost... might aswell just write a one sentence blog how atari decided to stop the development of the game.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by allen View Post
    This is what I'm talking about . Someone who is actually clueless about why a person is complaining about a game that is still in devlopment. No where in any form does a developer/producer need to disclose any information about a game thats in devlopment. Developers/producers disclose information about a game in devlopment for many reasons. Some are for plablicity and constructive feedback.
    I do believe that Atari is doing it for feedback and plublicity. and there may be more to it. I'm not in the testing phase of RCTW. But I'm in the testing of 2 other roller coaster games/simulators that have not been anounced simply because of whats going on within these forums. Developers/producers today and will be in the near future, won;t disclose any details about an upcomming game until the very last second.
    So how does this effecvt me and you? Simply put our feedback will not be used in the final release of the game. Plus when the game is released, many will rant and bash it until the game is delayed over and over. At the end we the customer are screwed out of our feedback that would have been implimented into the game.
    I have been testing games for many years now and can asure you that these devlopers/producers want our cunstructive feedback. Saying that the devloper will crash and burn or go bankrupt is not constructive feedback.
    I read a comment saying that they were looking for a new developer. SO...its not like its the first time a devlopers has been replaced.
    Saying that Atari is having issues with the game/community/devs', is clueless. Simply someone like this doesn't know what is involved in creating a game in todays world.
    No developer or publisher worth their salt will hold back information about their games, especially as the game approaches it's alleged release period. They want to make people aware of their products and generate as much hype as possible. In fact, with social media becoming bigger pretty much every day, we are seeing developers becoming even more open, even the tiny devs that would have been invisible just four or five years ago. Just look at the guys creating Parkitect. They're releasing devlogs on a regular basis and theirs just three of them. And when it comes to AAA games, like Atari are claiming RCTW to be, articles about the game are all other game websites in the months approaching release. Off the top of my head I can't think of any AAA games where the devs and publishers were so secretive about their game, especially at this stage. And if there were any, I'd wager it was probably rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by DMB1985 View Post
    No developer or publisher worth their salt will hold back information about their games, especially as the game approaches it's alleged release period. They want to make people aware of their products and generate as much hype as possible. In fact, with social media becoming bigger pretty much every day, we are seeing developers becoming even more open, even the tiny devs that would have been invisible just four or five years ago. Just look at the guys creating Parkitect. They're releasing devlogs on a regular basis and theirs just three of them. And when it comes to AAA games, like Atari are claiming RCTW to be, articles about the game are all other game websites in the months approaching release. Off the top of my head I can't think of any AAA games where the devs and publishers were so secretive about their game, especially at this stage. And if there were any, I'd wager it was probably rubbish.
    absolutely right. hell, its the Indie Dev teams that are the ones worth watching nowadays. like The Indie Stone and their game Project Zomboid. they had some pretty serious setbacks, including the theft of the primary laptops with the code on them, but they continued on and regularly interact with the community. have a question for a Dev? send him a tweet or create a thread and an answer will be forthcoming. want to be involved in testing? ok, they send you to a thread that provides the basic knowledge of what you are getting yourself into, and at the bottom is the code you need to enter in the Beta box on steam. from there, you too are now an official tester for the Project Zomboid game.

unlike some companies, they long ago figured out that interaction with the fans breeds loyalty. the same fans will now act as free promotion for the game and hype it via youtube videos and twitch live streams. in some streams i am aware of, the streamer actually has few of the devs who hang out in his chat and are chat mods.

Allen, your idea of a company actively hiding a game in development is, to be blunt, stupid. Hype and Marketing are as essential to a game as the paychecks clearing the bank every payday. the game market is saturated, with more and more games coming out every week, games that people have been aware of for a while and that they are anxious to finally play.

Perhaps the Atari team spent too much time at GDC sniffing this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...atari-history/

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast