Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Blog Post / News - Where is Production Blog #5?

Junior Enthusiast
    Go ahead, continue directing your frustration with Atari at me, I don't mind. If I have something to say, I'll say it. Just like the rest of you. If you disagree with me, say something. If I disagree with you and you didn't insult me, I'll respond. If at any point you insult me, I won't respond. Feel free to do the same with me.

It seems anyone is able to discuss stuff here as long as its bashing Atari, A52, and Mattlab. Discuss something else, and you're defensive and making it about you. I like this game.

MattLab, you're awesome. Thanks again for everything. I do hope curved paths are mentioned in dev blog 5 though...

Comments good or bad are only going to improve the game. For people who think that anyones opinion of the trailer should not happen is doing the game that we were hoping for no justice at all and will not turn out what we all want to play. With a discussion as this forum provides gives the players a voice to Atari whether or not we like what we see and so forth. Just like a opinion survey will do for a product and product reviews. So it is a good thing that we voice what we like and dislike, wants and so forth. It is the very reason Atari provides this forum for us to voice that opinion. I do hope we get more updates and screen shots so we can continue to provide feedback like Atari has said they will do. And in my opinion they have not done that very well. Hopefully they improve the communication and providing us game play screenshot like the trailer so we can continue to provide feedback. Without that the game will not be what we want to play. Communication good or bad is the only way we all get a good experience and features we want in the game. Please improve upon that and we all will be better for it.

Thanks for the update, Mattlab. Any feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.

guys, enough of the king rat drama, please. just put him on your ignore list and move on. you will be happier that way.

the issue here is that once again we have been put off, but this time he wisely did not give ANY time reference at all.
    that way they can take as long as they want to show us a trailer that will not show us the true state of the game....probably hitting the CS Depot and building some killer creation out of RCT3 that they will then claim is representative of the TRUE state of RCTW right now (JK)

well Mattlab,you have this one last chance to salvage the games, and Atari/Area 52's rep. blow this one and you may as well cancel the whole game. we forgive a lot, but we are not fools.

Mattlab, you and your team have lost credibility. Posting isn't hard. It isn't an inconvenience to get on the forums and write a quick post like you did here. This thread is at least a week late for no good reason. I appreciate you taking the time to post, but surely you can see the damage your absence has caused to World and the RCT series as a whole. The uproar isn't just focused here. Go to gaming forums, go on Reddit, check out game blogs, wherever you turn you'll see angry fans of the series who are now much more interested in your competitors' products than RCTW.

Talk is cheap. I'll believes it when I sees it.
    Last edited by iChase; 03-13-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iChase View Post
    Mattlab, you and your team have lost credibility. Posting isn't hard. It isn't an inconvenience to get on the forums and write a quick post like you did here. This thread is at least a week late for no good reason. I appreciate you taking the time to post, but surely you can see the damage your absence has caused to World and the RCT series as a whole. the uproar isn't just focused here. Go to gaming forums, go on Reddit, check out game blogs, wherever you turn you'll see angry fans of the series who are now much more interested in your competitors' products than RCTW.

Talk is cheap. I'll believes it when I sees it.
    I agree. The little communication is what bothers me the most.

I don't understand... Some of you talk about how bad this game is ,and how you've given up hope on RCTW. But yet some of you seem to keep posting on here, asking for blog 5, saying that your finished dealing with Mattlab and not posting on time. Just leave if you don't like it LEAVE! It's actually not that hard. The fact that my 10 year old little brother is more patient for this game than grown adults is really sad smh.

Newcomer
    Hi Mattlab. Thank you for the post. I'm really looking forward to the next one .

It saddens me a little to see that some people just won't calm down and still choose to be upset. After all, at some point we said, that giving us anything, even a message that you're busy and can't post anything right now, would be acceptable. Only total silence would not. The problem is, if you spot a smoldering patch, then a simple cup of water will douce that. However, if you wait too long until you have a fire raging out of control, then that simple cup of water won't do you much good. I'd really like for things to calm down, so we can have a pleasant and meaningful forum once more. But it isn't going to happen without your help. Please, don't wait any longer to start meaningful communication with us. As some have said before, it isn't really all that hard. We're on your side!

Lets all calm down and ride a gentle ride. Maybe a ferriswheel would calm us down cmon guys, lets stay positive.
    Last edited by Knobs; 03-14-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Dear RCTW Fans,

As mentioned earlier I am working on a blog post to talk about the trailer we released that was filmed using a pre-alpha version of the game and address your questions about it and the game. Unfortunately, the team has been beyond busy working on the game and although I wanted to get the post out this week, I haven’t been able to get to it…! That said, we will address your comments about the pre-alpha trailer, recent progress with the game, the engine, and the art in the game ASAP. We want to open the doors of communication to the project as quickly as possible but also want to make sure what we say is what we can stand behind.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Mattlab
    It is smarter to just take a pause - interact with your fans and then get back to work. If you work all that time and never talk to us or share any information, always delayed.....why should we wait around when you can't for a moment take a break to interact? There is no race to get it done. Get the job done properly or not at all. Your game will fall short if you don't get on the forums and interact. That must come first. Know your market.

You can't get it done properly without interacting with us, many have already left with the amount of times you promise to deliver content and its late or just a wall of text.

Look at cities skyline, showed us so much along the way, changed a lot and replied to our criticisms in the forums, you guys don't do any of it. Your community managers are non existent, your the only person we hear from and you're not exactly on time or considering the fans more important than the games development of which requires our input or it will simply not interest us. Game development is useless if you don't talk to us or actually do what we want in the game.

May i also remind you - Frontier is your rival they will do everything you failed to do here and you won't have any way to compete to that if you don't start realizing fans come BEFORE the game. We don't buy what you think the game should be anymore, this is not 1999. We buy what we want by telling you what we want. But instead deadlines and getting the game done is more important to you guys. But it's not. It could fall well short if you don't stop for a moment and interact with us.

Plus your blogs are a wall of text, so uninspiring and boring.

Tell everyone to stop working, log in on the forums and start talking and listening. You may just yet be able to get the game to the level people will buy. Heck delay it to winter if you have to, GTA delayed over a year, some times the delay will make it more successful because it will be closer to what fans want.
    Last edited by PixelPlayer; 03-13-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast