Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Blog Post / News - Where is Production Blog #5?

Upcoming Blog Post / News - Where is Production Blog #5?

Dear RCTW Fans,

As mentioned earlier I am working on a blog post to talk about the trailer we released that was filmed using a pre-alpha version of the game and address your questions about it and the game. Unfortunately, the team has been beyond busy working on the game and although I wanted to get the post out this week, I haven’t been able to get to it…! That said, we will address your comments about the pre-alpha trailer, recent progress with the game, the engine, and the art in the game ASAP. We want to open the doors of communication to the project as quickly as possible but also want to make sure what we say is what we can stand behind.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Mattlab
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

It's really not as hard as your making it to simply talk to your fans and potential customers. You're making a game, not designing and building a space station. How hard is it to say, listen that really was a poor chosen trailer, it was pre alpha, here instead are some nice screenshots from our current build? It takes all of 3o minutes to do something like that.

Sigh, hopefully this is better than the trailer...

Quite simply, I know fans want answers but I also need to make sure we can stand behind what we promise before posting. We have been reading the feedback and are addressing it so that this is the game we all want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Quite simply, I know fans want answers but I also need to make sure we can stand behind what we promise before posting. We have been reading the feedback and are addressing it so that this is the game we all want to play.

With respect not sure that sufficient. People confidence in the franchise and the ability of the current custodians holding the RCT torch been left damaged to put it mildly. The number one priority should have been to fire fight and attempt to address the issues head on. Frankly what is the point working on other tasks whilst the entire project credibility lies in tatters....

Your fan base isnt kids, simply say " This is what we are current planning, but of course things do and may change over the course of development".. You act as if we are in some a court of law, or that this forum is some sort of legally binding document...

Just engage us and show some real screenshots, loosen up, open up to us and realize... we are on your side. Just because we are currently booing you, doesnt mean we dont want you to win.

Having a conversation with your fans and customers isnt as hard as you seem to think it is.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 03-13-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctc1993 View Post
    With respect not sure that sufficient. People confidence in the franchise and the ability of the current custodians holding the RCT torch been left damaged to put it mildly. The number one priority should have been to fire fight and attempt to address the issues head on. Frankly what is the point working on other tasks whilst the entire project credibility lies in tatters....
    To restore credibility I have had to work on other tasks see post above. We have been very busy doing that and as soon as I can we will post the details.

So today, FRIDAY is our EARLY week explanation of the worst game play video ever and its even WORSE than the video.

Thanks Matt but honestly, im done, I'll revisit if this game ever gets out but only then will I decide if I weant to buy it.

1/10 sorry.

Sigh.

I don't even have the energy to be annoyed, so all I have to say is this: hopefully the grid is specific only to the alpha version of the game, because I think I speak for most of us when I say the grid is too limiting, and to have free placement and rotation of objects (aka a smaller grid) would be much appreciated. This feature, besides more flexible coaster building, has been the most requested. So if you're listening to the fans...

That also means curved paths.

Thanks!
    Last edited by darkhorizon; 03-13-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast