Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: post eveything what happened until now and what should change

Passive Peep
    Then, the game probably looks even worse. Why would they show content that's made by completely different developer? If the current version looked better, then they would show it.

I also don't understand why they even announced this game, they are clearly not ready to pull this off just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post
    Then, the game probably looks even worse. Why would they show content that's made by completely different developer? If the current version looked better, then they would show it.

I also don't understand why they even announced this game, they are clearly not ready to pull this off just yet...

It's possible that due to switching developers the game is not in a ready state to be shown via video. I'm confused how you can come to the conclusion that the game looks worse. If I'm right, those screenshots are from the area 52 era. And those screenshots are 1000x better than that video. What you are saying doesn't really make sense.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by chester016 View Post
    It's possible that due to switching developers the game is not in a ready state to be shown via video. I'm confused how you can come to the conclusion that the game looks worse. If I'm right, those screenshots are from the area 52 era. And those screenshots are 1000x better than that video. What you are saying doesn't really make sense.
    If the game currently isn't in a state to show a video then they shouldn't be showing one at all. It's as simple as that.

I'm not so sure about that. Atari announced they had switched developers in December 2014. Those screenshots were not released until late January of 2015. Until we get confirmation on this. Everyone needs to stop blaming area 52 and praising pipe works. I honestly think this trailer may have been from the pipe works era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kombiice View Post
    i think too

Boy, you two are really misinformed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=167

Passive Peep
    Those screenshots may be rly ingame, but also photoshoped (but still ingame :P). Pictures are soo easy to enhence, while with videos, it's not that easy. And if the game is not ready to be shown at this point and they aim for MID 2015 release, than the situation is even worse than you think.... They should be slowly getting into gameplay testing and doing final touches. While at this point, it looks like they should reskin/re-model most of the assets, make some kind of engine overhaul. It's rly weird they can show you quite nice looking screenshots, yet in the video, it looks rly bad. Not saying that Mattlab said the game looks even better when it's actually moving...

#1 thing that should change? Communication. Lack of communication leads to distrust, let it go on too long and fans will give up and go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Boy, you two are really misinformed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=167
    That was terrifically interesting, albeit it depressing. At this point I think it's safe to throw in the towel on this game...

I'm not sure what to think as far as which studio made what. Take a look at the Pipeworks game history. There's nothing in there like Roller Coaster Tycoon. This would be a much different direction for them. I'm not saying they can't do it, just that it's such a departure from their niche. I like that they were very engaged with the community, though. Our only portal to Atari is Mattlab and I genuinely feel bad for him. We don't seem to even have a portal to Area 52.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by swifmatives View Post
    I'm not sure what to think as far as which studio made what. Take a look at the Pipeworks game history. There's nothing in there like Roller Coaster Tycoon. This would be a much different direction for them. I'm not saying they can't do it, just that it's such a departure from their niche. I like that they were very engaged with the community, though. Our only portal to Atari is Mattlab and I genuinely feel bad for him. We don't seem to even have a portal to Area 52.
    I agree, I believe Area 52 with no released game whatsoever is much better that Pipeworks, who at least released some games already.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post
    I agree, I believe Area 52 with no released game whatsoever is much better that Pipeworks, who at least released some games already.
    Well, that's not really what I was saying. I just mean that RCT is on a larger scale and a different direction, especially graphically, than what Pipeworks has done before. Ideally, though, you want a studio with experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast