Thread: Just played through RCT3 platinum

Just played through RCT3 platinum

Started yesterday, finished today - all 3 scenario sets completed to tycoon level (actually stupidly easy as building a giant pool at start of each basically gives you unlimited cash!!)

But anyway, I had to pass the time waiting for blog #5 somehow. So I figured completing the entire previous game would fill the time between blog being promised and its arrival..

Where is it?

Anyways, turns out the excercise reminded me that RCT3 is actually a very fun game. And it's just possible that RCT3 could be an excellent 'game' even if it isn't the program that people wanted to use to make more realistic parks than RCT3. That's the one thing we have no clues on from blog posts or trailers. We don't actually know how much effort has gone into the gameplay element.

So if nothing else, that is at least one thing we can be hopeful about, as its then one thing we don't have any reason to be concerned about yet.

The beta could change that of course! But I think they may well get the gameplay about right. At least after a few patches at least.

Wow, you even finished Saxon Farms? How did you do it? It's the one scenario level I keep bombing on. I agree that RCT3 is fun, I still like to play it.

I dont think this topic belongs here but i dont care. On the rct3 part it's never been active, so that explains a lot. About tour post: I never completed the tycoon levels because i was toont bizzy building buetifull parks with CS

Quote Originally Posted by Cabelle1863 View Post
    Wow, you even finished Saxon Farms? How did you do it? It's the one scenario level I keep bombing on. I agree that RCT3 is fun, I still like to play it.
    It's easy! Massive pool to start with then 2 coasters with cheapest build cost possible to get excitement of 8. You then have unlimited money. Then build all the enclosures... You will find its almost impossible to get the monthly incomes it asks for but there is a simple trick...

Close the park, and when everyone had left open it again. This gives you a massive surge in spending and you hit targets.

It is probably one of the hardest scenarios though. Especially if you don't use the tricks above.

Quote Originally Posted by TataNiqqa View Post
    I dont think this topic belongs here but i dont care. On the rct3 part it's never been active, so that explains a lot. About tour post: I never completed the tycoon levels because i was toont bizzy building buetifull parks with CS
    Yea I spent more time building the 'perfect' park than playing the game. But it's fun occasionally, which says a lot after a decade.

If you want to spend a lot of time making something beautiful, you should try TPS. It's actually quite good in many ways.