Thread: Why It's Imperative We Get An Update Tonight

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Why It's Imperative We Get An Update Tonight

Warning, this may be considered by some of you a "rant."

Hello all,

The whole community has been tantalized at the thought of getting an update. After all the hype and fallout from the trailer, we were expecting an update last week. Like, when Mattlab said he would. And all we got were a few answers.

Putting that behind us, I would like to see a new blog for many reasons, to start, it's getting annoying to stop talking to the rest of my family becuase I'm refreshing my phone all the time. Next, because RCT is an icon. This game is now recognized on YouTube of you start typing rolle. This game's image can still be fixed. After that, Mattlab needs to revive the community. He needs to let us know what's going on. Finally, we need promises fulfilled, no overly-fufflied by Mattlab.

I'm tired of waiting. I've been the nicest I can to Atari and the moderators. I've stuck up for the game. I'm on the forums constantly. Why can't you tell us anything? Why do I and the rest of the community have to wait? When you tell us that you'll do it this week, surpass our expectations and do it right away! Do it now!

I don't mean to be annoying to Atari, but I've waited too long. I've waited 12 years for this game. I shouldn't have to wait weeks and weeks for an update, when we're told it'll get done. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as annoying, but you guys have to grow up! If I was in charge of this quiet marketing team, there'd be updates daily!

To conclude, no I won't refuse to buy the game. I bought RCTM. Even if the game is released like the trailer, I'll buy it. It's not because I have money to throw around, it's because this game means a lot to me. I don't "game." I own a Xbox, that's it and a few games. I spend so much time on these forums and all I'm asking for is an update tonight. Please, please, please.

What I don't understand is the lack of communication and transparency from the devs and Atari. Other games being developed have youtube channels with interviews of the devs, videos showing the process, what to expect and whats to come. We have nothing like that for, like you said, an iconic franchise. Instead we have one guy who gives vague answers every now and then. It makes me suspicious that Atari knows they are making a game that's going to piss off the core base and making a cash grab game. Why else would they act like this unless they knew what they are making is going to piss everyone off like RCT4 Mobile?
    Last edited by themrnashville; 03-09-2015 at 08:24 PM.

I agree with you both, I am a long term fan of the series and I am not a 'gamer' either but the difference is I can be stubborn and wont buy the game unless I see it in action and see good reviews or I get to trial it ( I didn't get RCTM because of the reviews and because of the way it ruins the look of the whole series). As much as I'm still excited for RCTW, I'm trying to be realistic and not expect much. Atari have shown multiple times how incapable they are at producing games any more so forgive me for having no confidence in them at all.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Going on with what justinm said, I bought the ridiculous RCTM game. I hate those games. They've essentially ruined the AppStore lol.

They're all Farmville lookalikes just from different genres

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Why do I even like this game? Nothing. I'm waiting, if I don't see anything by 9 I'm losing hope.

We do need one. Especially if they want to save face after that trailer they released. However I doubt there's anything they can do for that at this point. The community is turning on them. We need answers.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    1 minute until when Mattlab usually posts.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    9:00 well see