Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: positive note for mattlab and developers

positive note for mattlab and developers

First of all I would like to say thank you for finally showing us a trailer for RCTW. I know you guys do work hard and game development is not easy. I will say I am still excited for rctw and the trailer was decent but I wish it was all game and not a mix of realistic and real game, it was throwing me off, but after a few views what I took away was lots of improvements over rct3 little smoother and better lighting an graphic upgrade not alot but still good (minus shadows where missing). As much as I would love a realistic rct I respect that Atari and developers want to keep there own unique style of there game. I do hope that the final game is better with smoothness like the screenshots that we received. I know you can not update us on every break though you make on the game but there is so much hate going on, on these threads that if a few concerns were address it would calm down. Again I thank you for what you were able to give us at this time. I know I have gotten pissy on here due to the lack of communication but I am somewhat Satisfied with what we have received today. But I would not complain if you gave us more!! While I don't think this is final, but rather older footage I can't say that its a deal breaker. As long as the main fundamentals of RCT still exists in this game and the coaster designer is fully upgraded I will be satisfied. Keep up the good work guy.
    Last edited by zanemathias; 03-05-2015 at 11:46 PM.

The more positive you put into your life the more you get back

Volunteer
    You are one in a million here my friend.

unless the gameplay teaser was alpha footage or some sick joke we have no reason to be nice. seriously, if this turns out to be final gameplay then the RCT series is destroyed. I'm not looking for realism here but the graphics have to look at least decent. the roller coaster track doesn't even look good.

Passive Peep
    After watching that, I feel so bad for the developers. However, you do reap what you sow. When you keep acting this game is way beyond RCT3 and you post very few screenshots but make the screenshots look like they've been photoshopped after watching the trailer and your fan base gets upset - you gotta blame your marketing team (or lack thereof?)

If you communicated better to your fans and posted serious screen shots and videos or animated gifs or SOMETHING so we could give feedback to, it wouldn't be like this.

This entire backlash from this trailer comes from the lack of marketing. The poor developers are not to blame. I feel bad for them.

i know but i see it as i am not developing this game and creative licence should not be looked down on. as long as the fundamentals of rct are implemented into this game and customized scenery is added as an option I don't see the issue. I am excited about the online play and upgraded coaster creator, from the trailer I see upgraded stations. while lines were missing I feel they will be added.

from my experience with gaming and due to most of the stuff from the screenshots where missing from the trailer I truly believe this is alpha.

I feel bad for them too and I see how better communication could have avoided this. all they had to say is this is a trailer from early development more to come. but I also don't think its as bad as some described. although there is a difference between screenshots and trailer.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by zanemathias View Post
    I feel bad for them too and I see how better communication could have avoided this. all they had to say is this is a trailer from early development more to come. but I also don't think its as bad as some described. although there is a difference between screenshots and trailer.

But it really is as bad as everyone is saying for multiple reasons.

1) Graphics looked terrible
    2) They decided to use video of a park they made as a trailer.....but it looks like a park they slapped together in 5 minutes with zero creativity
    3) The pathing looks atrocious.
    4) The physics don't even make sense (monorail stops on a dime after going super fast)
    5) The premade buildings look terrible
    6) The queue lines look like they didn't even try
    7) Some of the tiling/pathing is an EXACT copy of RCT3 (it looks like they literally just copied the files over)

I mean I could go on and on....because it really is that bad. This can't be alpha because it's set to release mid 2015 now on Steam.

I respect your opinion i disagree to a degree but we may be looking/interested indifferent aspects of the game.. I did notice and tell me if you did too that it did felt like the pov was sped up and not normal speed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast