Thread: The only positive thing the trailer gave us..

Passive Peep

The only positive thing the trailer gave to us..

..is, that Atari should have noticed how many customers actually are out there. Look at the amount of views of the youtube trailer and all the comments in the social media. All my friends heard of it, even the none-gamers. Everybody was upset and sad at the same time.
    Now Atari should know that they cannot scam us with this game and that RCTW can be an awesome success for them if they do it right. And we, the community, have to stay strong, give critic and make sure that Atari does not destroy OUR game. On the other side we should wait for the next dev blog, respect the RCTW team, give them time and maybe forgive them. And Atari/Area52, please put love into the new RCT title, let uns pop the peep's baloons! :P
    Last edited by redyar; 03-08-2015 at 11:25 AM.

I won't and can't forgive MattLab for all the lies he told us in his blogs, he made the game look like something that was supposed to be really good and then there was this trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by Retinad View Post
    I won't and can't forgive MattLab for all the lies he told us in his blogs, he made the game look like something that was supposed to be really good and then there was this trailer...
    I really understand you, and it's true what you're saying, but there is still hope that the team can make a good game.
    All they need is (a lot of) time and most important, they finally have to listen to the community.

On the other hand, Frontier will release their game next year, and i'm pretty sure it will be the game we all want.

I hope you'll wait and hold judgment until they explain things this coming week. I understand completely where you are coming from, but I'm hoping that they will be totally honest in revealing the current status of the game and what their plans going forward are. I'm NOT a "Atari Supporter"" by any means, but in the interest of fairness I want to wait to hear what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    I hope you'll wait and hold judgment until they explain things this coming week. I understand completely where you are coming from, but I'm hoping that they will be totally honest in revealing the current status of the game and what their plans going forward are. I'm NOT a "Atari Supporter"" by any means, but in the interest of fairness I want to wait to hear what they have to say.
    Indeed! Matt promised to go into the teaser trailer and explain everything. Let's wait for the next blog post and hear what he has to say. After that we can see if our questions are answered properly. I strongly believe Mattlab will not be using the strong marketing language he used in earlier blog post, as that would be the stupidest thing to do at this point.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
    I really understand you, and it's true what you're saying, but there is still hope that the team can make a good game.
    All they need is (a lot of) time and most important, they finally have to listen to the community.

On the other hand, Frontier will release their game next year, and i'm pretty sure it will be the game we all want.
    That's the problem. Time is something they don't have. Atari can't afford delaying this game, as they need to keep the budget as low as possible. And MID 2015 is just around the corner...

As much as I hate what I've seen in the trailer, it's not totally his fault. You see he was describing something that you, later on, imagined. Maybe in his terms it's ok, it's beautiful, but that doesn't mean he lied. He never said: Carts will have x million polygons or the lighting will be so realistic. Actually if I remember right he never said anything about the graphics.

Ok, he can be blamed for allowing us to have great expectations or for not being more specific, and seeing the trailer I can understand why. The problem with games that are talked about early before they are finished is that they are creating false expectations, people start imagining things, what would be awesome for them. Most of the time those things aren't even practical or maybe they need better technology to achieve that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking their side, but let's not blame them for the wrong things. What can we blame them for is releasing such a trailer if the game is and would be in a better state, or we can blame them for ruining a franchise.
    Last edited by HopTzop; 03-08-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopTzop View Post
    As much as I hate what I've seen in the trailer, it's not totally his fault. You see he was describing something that you, later on, imagined. Maybe in his terms it's ok, it's beautiful, but that doesn't mean he lied. He never said: Carts will have x million polygons or the lighting will be so realistic. Actually if I remember right he never said anything about the graphics.

Ok, he can be blamed for allowing us to have great expectations or for not being more specific, and seeing the trailer I can understand why. The problem with games that are talked about early before they are finished is that they are creating false expectations, people start imagining things, what would be awesome for them. Most of the time those things aren't even practical or maybe they need better technology to achieve that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking their side, but let's not blame them for the wrong things. What can we blame them for is releasing such a trailer if the game is and would be in a better state, or we can blame them for ruining a franchise.
    Accusing for a faulty trailer is the idea of bitral, disgust and shame, not all what comes in your head will be true and what might have been true at first may not be in the future. We must blame not for a trailer that was a flop, lest it shatter the reputation of our beloved series.

Jacobs 2

Quote Originally Posted by HopTzop View Post
    Somewhere in his messages / blog posts he did say something about 'cutting-edge graphics'