Thread: And possibly the most horrible things about the teaser (besides the stupid visuals)

Exclamation And possibly the most horrible things about the teaser (besides the stupid visuals)

I am a bit late for a teaser reaction but I found that these things weren't really addressed in an other thread so here we go:

And possibly the most horrible things of the trailer are (besides the stupid crap visuals):

- the horribly layed out park,

- no real rides, just things like plop, plop, plop, HEY THIS IS A RIDE!!! NO IT IS NOT!!!! WTF DOES THAT EVEN REPRESENT!!!!!!! x&[email protected]€#*$

- the coaster does NOT look realistic AT ALL! Ohhhhh I HATE those stupid green booster thingies!

- and... WHY IS IT ALL SO HEAVILY THEMED!!!!!!

- ohhh and one other thing... If you have spend the entire first dev blog post on the terain generator and editor. Then WHY is the park utterly FLAT with some random plonked down pre-made terain assets that DON'T EVEN MATCH THE TERRAIN COLOUR AND CLIP THROUGH F*ing PATHS!!

RCT is about cutomisation and creativity and NOT about ploping down stupid rides and constructing unrealistic coasters. I just wanted to address that.
    Last edited by koekeritis; 03-08-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Passive Peep
    I think what you have said has been said but if you haven't seen this, take a look.

'I will add that the teaser is indeed from an early build and the reason for it will be explained in our post. There has been a lot of work done on other aspects of the game before visuals, details in the post...Our goal is to have amazing gameplay (which a key aspect that sets the foundation for a fun game) and has been our current focus over the last number of months but yes of course hi-res amazing visuals are critical as well and we will have those too once we are ready.'

Newcomer
    What he is saying doesn't have anything to do with the teaser being from an early build. The base concept of the rides and rollercoasters is a problem. There is no such thing as a "booster" with arrows on the track on real life coasters and the track is nothing like this in real life. There is no need for the exact replication like NoLimits2 has, but it is worse than RCT3 which was decent for the year it was released. And I'm NOT talking about graphics or astethics of the ride! And then the supports ... Look at the box cover ard trailer. Their concept (again, not design or graphics) is almost exactly like supports in RCT3. Come on, it is not that hard to make supports that represent ones in real life.

Yes, I know mattlab responded, and I am looking forward to the blog post. But he mostly said things about the graphics and I just wanted to list these things that I think are realy important to most RCT fans. And were done completly wrong in the trailer.

RCT is about creating creative and unique things

RCT is about cutomisation and creativity and NOT about ploping down stupid rides and constructing unrealistic coasters. I just wanted to address that.

Quote Originally Posted by koekeritis View Post
    Exactly. (Just typing this here to have 10 characters)

I also don't think people are 'realizing' any such thing either, but I do think that with an honest discussion of what happened by Atari, explain where the game is now, and point out what the plans are going forward without devolving down into 'promo-speak', then people may feel more positive. Right now there's been little to nothing to change people's minds about what they saw. We'll have to wait and see what's said this week. I'm hopeful.

I think some folks on this forum let their love for the RCT series cloud their perception. Atari is a company and companies need to make money. In fact, if any gaming company needs to make money at this time, it's Atari. Yes, I'm glad they're reviving the series from a decade long stagnation, and I don't doubt that they love the series, but in the end they have to profit. This stands to be one of their more lucrative series, and if done right, they'll make bank. I believe wholeheartedly Atari knows this.

Their behavior as of late has been anything but that of a company trying to sell a product. A smart company with a good marketing department would never, ever release a "teaser" that looked as absolutely god-awful. The only time it's acceptable is if it's represented as exactly what it is, pre-Alpha footage. It was edited very promo style with attempts at nice title cards, and really nice footage of Goliath. That's a trailer. The quality of game we saw was not worthy of a trailer. It should have been released as a technical demo at most.

Don't forget, they need to sell this game to us. Make them work for our money. This isn't a charity, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Retinad View Post
    Lol, if you think that this game has any chance of being "awesome" for the release, you must be kinda delusional.
    Mattlab himself said they had a lot of visual stuff and mechanics to work out before release, which is why it was pushed back. That trailer footage was from about a year ago.

Actually, we were told that the trailer footage was from an "early build". Period. Mattlab never said when it was filmed. One 'journalist' claims to have seen a 'similar' trailer last August. He didn't say he saw this one. We don't know when it was actually filmed.

I know that you may have read that, but just pointing out what mattlab really said, there's some misinformation going around and I know you want accuracy like we all do.