Thread: HUD Improvements?

HUD Improvements?

Basically, I hated having to scroll down the list of different scenery items and coasters in RCT3.
    Especially with mods, which I really wanted to use, the list became a nightmare. There's a lot of space on the screen, why not take up a lot more space? Or even just add a search box?

A search box would be really handy so you don't have to keep scrolling through all the different types of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMrBrick View Post
    A search box would be really handy so you don't have to keep scrolling through all the different types of scenery.
    Exactly, it became very frustrating.

Newcomer
    A search box would be an improvement. I'd also like to be able to make a (or more than one) favorites list. It would also be helpful if the game kept track of the scenery items used. That list can then be saved with the project or as another favorites list.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    A search box would be an improvement. I'd also like to be able to make a (or more than one) favorites list. It would also be helpful if the game kept track of the scenery items used. That list can then be saved with the project or as another favorites list.
    I like this idea! So have a 'recently used' tab, and or a 'favourites' one as you've said. Things like this just make playing a lot easier.

As well as the aforementioned suggestions, how about also having the menu stay up when placing an item? Especially when placing multiple shops, having to go through the menu again and again is frustrating.

Also with shops, have it automatically connect with the path so you don't have to keep rotating it every time you want to place one down.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMrBrick View Post
    Also with shops, have it automatically connect with the path so you don't have to keep rotating it every time you want to place one down.
    ^^^
    And have them place open automatically instead of closed. Half of players just forget to open them at all xD

In the end I just ended up opening them up at the same time. Same with the rides.

That and do I really need to know when a vending shop is broken down? I worked at Disneyland for ten years and never hear a broken vending location calls so I wonder why this is even in a game that goes for realism. When I was there the financial breakdown was like this: Only 10% of came from admission at the main gate. 20% of money made came from food and 70% came from merchandise, so souvenir and shops are important. I also don't like the guy telling me something doesn't fit the theme when everything around it does.