View Poll Results: Do you like this idea of SMP?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would love to play RCTW online with my friends

30 54.55%
  • Yes, but I would like... (post in comment section)

5 9.09%
  • No, leave me lonely with my parks.

20 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Sug/Idea] Multiplayer function - Play with your friends

Lightbulb [Sug/Idea] Multiplayer function - Play with your friends

We all probably know that SimCity has failed to make a good multiplayer, people couldn't log in, things were reset after updates and more of those issues. RCTW is going to have connected parks using monorails, as I heared from this site and youtube. This is only for singleplayer though. SimCity is also in singleplayer available now and it now works fine.
    The Suggestion
    Let people be abled to create multiplayer servers like you create them as for example Minecraft servers. People who know how to port forward can easiely make a server for them and their friends to make parks. Also people are abled to chose theirselves weither to update or not, and even make backups of the worlds before updating. This would make the RCTW multiplayer possible for anyone. Just connect to a server using an ip (FE:'123.456.789.01:23456' or 'random.site.com:12345') and make a default port, for minecraft that is 25565, that are all default ports I know :P. If you could only implement multiplayer in such way it would work so great and people don't get annoyed by anything like resets because an update, since you can all handle that yourself.

Last but not least
    Be sure to bring out a snapshot or testbeta. Atleast for people who pre-order. This makes it possible for people to track bugs and report them to the RCTW team.

Regarding, an old experience RCT player, karstvgl

(PS: Be sure to let the creation of attractions work like in RCT2. RCT3 looks amazing, although I find it more difficult to make rides and attractions in RCT3.)

Quote Originally Posted by karstvgl View Post
    We all probably know that SimCity has failed to make a good multiplayer, people couldn't log in, things were reset after updates and more of those issues. RCTW is going to have connected parks using monorails, as I heared from this site and youtube. This is only for singleplayer though. SimCity is also in singleplayer available now and it now works fine.
    The Suggestion
    Let people be abled to create multiplayer servers like you create them as for example Minecraft servers. People who know how to port forward can easiely make a server for them and their friends to make parks. Also people are abled to chose theirselves weither to update or not, and even make backups of the worlds before updating. This would make the RCTW multiplayer possible for anyone. Just connect to a server using an ip (FE:'123.456.789.01:23456' or 'random.site.com:12345') and make a default port, for minecraft that is 25565, that are all default ports I know :P. If you could only implement multiplayer in such way it would work so great and people don't get annoyed by anything like resets because an update, since you can all handle that yourself.

Last but not least
    Be sure to bring out a snapshot or testbeta. Atleast for people who pre-order. This makes it possible for people to track bugs and report them to the RCTW team.

Regarding, an old experience RCT player, karstvgl

(PS: Be sure to let the creation of attractions work like in RCT2. RCT3 looks amazing, although I find it more difficult to make rides and attractions in RCT3.)
    I agree with this idea, SimCity's multiplayer was awful. I would like to see multiplayer functionalities, but my only suggestion is that (similar to GTA 5) the single plyer game is released first (as a disc or digital download) and gives access to multiplayer servers once multiplyer mode is released, which should only occur after extensive beta testing and debugging has been done. Just so once everyone is excited for multiplayer, everyone will be able to play it, problem free!

The poll right now states 5 yes against 4 no. I think there should be both SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer. I mean, people who wants to play singplayer still can play singleplayer. What mehi said.

Quote Originally Posted by karstvgl View Post
    The poll right now states 5 yes against 4 no. I think there should be both SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer. I mean, people who wants to play singplayer still can play singleplayer. What mehi said.
    I play singleplayer games and then multiplayer games, not mixes of the two. I do not own SC BECAUSE of multiplayer, they destroyed and limited the game because of online, same with gtav you would of been able to do more in sp if they did not waste time on mp. I feel the same here, sure I would like to build a park with a freind...to bad the parks we will build will just be re organized versions if every other park on earth.

I want to make parks, not sell more french fries than dave.

I would play a multiplayer mode, if its like, i build my park and then visit another, but i would like to have the option to start a singleplayer only game.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post

.....I want to make parks, not sell more french fries than dave.
    said it perfectly

I think the best way to incorporate multiplayer would be to do it Animal Crossing style - Have an option to visit the other players' parks, even if you can't do it at the same time it still would be neat to visit friends' parks, or even a way to connect with the community and share / vote for / visit the most popular parks.
    A community aspect would add a whole new level of interest to the game, the best games seem to have online features! Gaming is more fun when you can share the experience with people. This doesn't take months of programming to add - it's simple map sharing and community voting features through a webserver. They wouldn't detract from programming the overall game as 1 person could do it in a day with professional results.
    Last edited by MichaelA; 02-11-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelA View Post
    I think the best way to incorporate multiplayer would be to do it Animal Crossing style - Have an option to visit the other players' parks, even if you can't do it at the same time it still would be neat to visit friends' parks, or even a way to connect with the community and share / vote for / visit the most popular parks.
    A community aspect would add a whole new level of interest to the game, the best games seem to have online features! Gaming is more fun when you can share the experience with people. This doesn't take months of programming to add - it's simple map sharing and community voting features through a webserver. They wouldn't detract from programming the overall game as 1 person could do it in a day with professional results.
    I 100% agree with you. I even discussed this in another thread about custom scenery, but i really like your idea of including parks in it too. Basically, this Community "Hub" would replace rct track/par/scenery download websites and streamline this process by integrating it into the game. Therefore, you could easily download CS/CTR/CFR, and quickly connect and play with others/explore their park creations.

I played Cities in Motion 2 - also a simulation game - in multiplayer with a friend and it was so much fun, although the game is very flawed. A mode to build a park together with a friend would make this game a must-buy for me. Seriously, building a nice park is so much more rewarding if you have someone to share it with! But just walking in a friend's park isn't that exciting to me.

By the way, a mode where you can build two different parks in the same area and compete for the visitors would be AMAZING! But I realize that this is a bit too much asked.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelA View Post
    I was going to post a similar suggestion, I'm glad I looked first. Great idea!

It would be great if there was an option to visit other parks, and be able to view the ratings of those parks, and visit them, PAY the admission, PAY for riding the rides (in Virtual $ of course), and the player who's rides your riding would then benefit financially by having real players visiting their parks, and adding to their finances.

After riding rides, and visiting the park, you would then be able to rate the park, so that leader boards would show the parks with the highest ratings. The higher your ratings, the more players would want to come and check out your rides, and the more players riding your rides, the more virtual dollars they would be contributing.

Also, while in a game, any real players that come to visit would have to enter at the main gate, and walk through like a regular guest, with the option to display the User Names above the players, similar to the way RTC3 did when a VIP would come to visit.

Naturally, as with any multiplayer option, when you play there would be an option to play in online or offline mode, if you prefer not to have strangers walking around your playing field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast