Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Gameplay Teaser is out!

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    There's a huge difference between "early alpha" and "earlier build", as Mattlab confirmed. Earlier build could mean anything. It could mean a build from 3 weeks ago. It could easily be the current build, but if they rebuilt the game, let's say, today, then technically that would classify it as an earlier build.

Why would Atari make a teaser showing a super old build, or alpha footage? Really? That makes zero sense. That is honestly just gripping at straws.

Accept it. They have an awful game right now. Can they fix it? Maybe. But it's so funny how they were boasting about the "hi-res graphics" and "AAA quality", and then they release that teaser. Again, makes ZERO sense.
    Absolutely correct. There would be no reason to release a trailer with footage from years ago. The so-called "early build" could have been a few weeks ago.

If Atari really wanted to refute me, go ahead and release a short video of just gameplay from the "modern" version. It should take several minutes to capture and upload. But they won't. It doesn't have to be a fancy trailer. Just a short gameplay video - if it looks great then it would help drum up interest. Instead we'll probably get a long blog post trying to explain it. Maybe a few doctored up screenshots like we've seen before.

There's lots of denial going on here. People don't want to lose hope so they try to rationalize it

Judging from the gameplay in the trailers, the whole project needs to be scrapped and redone. Right now it looks like an extremely bad and cheap rehash of RCT3. I'm guessing built on the same engine code from 2004 to save money and that's why it looks so outdated - so far this seems like a bungled cash grab.
    Last edited by MattZ; 03-11-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattZ View Post
    Absolutely correct. There would be no reason to release a trailer with footage from years ago. The so-called "early build" could have been a few weeks ago.

If Atari really wanted to refute me, go ahead and release a short video of just gameplay from the "modern" version. It should take 15 minutes to capture and upload. But they won't. Instead we'll probably get a long blog post trying to explain it. Maybe a few doctored up screenshots like we've seen before.

There's lots of denial going on here. People don't want to lose hope so they try to rationalize it

Judging from the gameplay in the trailers, the whole project needs to be scrapped and redone. Right now it looks like an extremely bad and cheap rehash of RCT3. I'm guessing built on the same engine code from 2004 to save money and that's why it looks so outdated - so far this seems like a bungled cash grab.
    I don't believe it is the same engine updated from RCT3 as Frontier own and developed that engine themselves.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    I agree 100%. Those screens are pretty dang nice to look it. These were released when Pipeworks were still the developers, so I have a feeling that when Atari dumped them, they dumped most of the coding Pipeworks had, as well. Hence why the teaser looks drastically different/worse. It would also explain the lack of screens and strange behavior by Atari since they brought in Area52.
    Spot on explanation. I'm guessing that this is the case here.

As I mentioned a while ago, something bizarre is going on related to the game you can tell Atari has been acting strange since they switched developers.

This would explain it

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by AUS_Twisted View Post
    I don't believe it is the same engine updated from RCT3 as Frontier own and developed that engine themselves.
    True, either way, the gameplay as shown in the trailer is inexcusable. Especially for a self-proclaimed "next gen" game. Run that trailer next to the one for RCT3 in 2004 and it actually looks even worse. Like a bad Chinese knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by MattZ View Post
    True, either way, the gameplay as shown in the trailer is inexcusable. Especially for a self-proclaimed "next gen" game. Run that trailer next to the one for RCT3 in 2004 and it actually looks even worse. Like a bad Chinese knock off.

Spot on !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AUS_Twisted View Post
    It's possible they simply relicensed a more modern version of the engine from Frontier, also possible that they have an unlimited license to use the RCT3 version of the engine throughout the franchise.

But I'm pretty certain it's not exact same engine as RCT3.

Passive Peep
    Hoping to read in blog 5 that they are able to port all rides from RCT3 in RCTW, including the coasters. That would give me a little hope and the coasters would need banked curves. I liked how building a coaster on the first RCT's could be a challenge. It looks like they are aiming at the people who don't care if the coasters would actually make the end of the track by gravity alone. Just put boosters everywhere so you know for sure it makes it to the end. I'm also afraid if they won't change the coasters we won't be able to make shuttle coasters that can go backwards, etc. Things we all know from the previous RCT's.

So please... Make blog 5 a good one...

I'm running out of ways to reassure myself this won't kill RCT for good.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526