Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates on RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Regardless of experience Area 52 may have, I still find it somewhat concerning regarding a studio shift halfway through development. Despite this issue not being a regular crop up in the gaming industry, I can't name an example where this has bode well for the finished product.

I really do hope the majority of substantial material Pipeworks contributed has been finished and has no need to be picked up on and continued, otherwise I really do feel there will be need for concern.

Passive Peep
    I'm more wondering about the actual reason. Shifting development teams is not an easy task imo. Something bad must have happened here with Pipeworks and Atari. If it was nothing bad, I would say they would just announce it and keep Pipeworks listed as developers...

Atari should clear this out as soon as possible.

Passive Peep
    "Atari should clear this out as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that they will make the reason for changing official. I think there've been intern problems or differences but I also think that it's a bit sad, 'cause I liked pipeworks engagement for the series and their art-style. We will see... I hope atari will show us some ingame videos, -screens (whatever) from the game in the VERY NEAR future (December would be great

Passive Peep
    One of the reasons I was thinking about is that Pipeworks were unable to deliver the game on time (aka they would have to delay it) and Atari need to release it as soon as possible and they were pushing them. Then they decided to give it to Area52 is they might be able to finish it sooner. Or something like that. That would be very worrying though....

Developers, please focus your efforts on the single player component.

Looking forward to this game! I will be preordering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taizen View Post
    Developers, please focus your efforts on the single player component.
    That would make it RCT 3, not RCT 3 World

I would like to announce that our second dev blog will be coming very soon (read - this week)! For the blog we will be introducing the super awesome community lead from Area 52 Games! They will also be talking a bit about the studio and perhaps even showing off a new piece of content!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    I would like to announce that our second dev blog will be coming very soon (read - this week)! For the blog we will be introducing the super awesome community lead from Area 52 Games! They will also be talking a bit about the studio and perhaps even showing off a new piece of content!
    I look forward to this! I haven't heard of Area 52 games before. I am very interested in what they have to say, as well as see what this new piece of content is. Care to give us a slight clue?

Please show a B&M coaster type track! I'm getting anxious In all seriousness, looking forward to it!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast