Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Why is this game frowned upon?

  1. #1

    Why is this game frowned upon?

    So I love RCT, the entire series. I remember getting RCT 1 from a box of Cheerios as a kid and playing it all the time... never beat, never actually got past Bumbly Park I believe (the one with the white wooden coaster right by the entrance) but I loved it. Than I got RCT 2 from a cereal box as well if I recall correctly. I don't recall liking that one as much, it felt the same as the first one without to much difference in it, but I still played it a lot.

    Than RCT 3 came out and I got the Gold Edition for my birthday. I don't know if I would say it was my favorite in the series, it didn't have the charm in terms of it's graphics but it had a great amount of different rides, more customization in both the park and rides, and the pools. And let's face it, the ability to ride your own rides was freaking sweet.

    I just don't get why this game is the least liked. I get that the graphics weren't great, even at the time, but I personally find it better than RCT 2 just because I feel like RCT 2 didn't add that much to the game. So what are your thoughts?

  2. #2
    No clue. I always liked RCT 3, still play it now when I'm in the mood. I have never been able to finish that final Wild scenario, Saxon Farm. But someday I will! I personally don't like one version more than the other. I like all three versions of the game, and am still looking forward to seeing what I'll be able to do with RCT World. I guess in simulation games you tend to get individuals with a wide variety in what they like. What's one person's trash is another's treasure, you know?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Olav_GreyMane View Post
    So I love RCT, the entire series. I remember getting RCT 1 from a box of Cheerios as a kid and playing it all the time... never beat, never actually got past Bumbly Park I believe (the one with the white wooden coaster right by the entrance) but I loved it. Than I got RCT 2 from a cereal box as well if I recall correctly. I don't recall liking that one as much, it felt the same as the first one without to much difference in it, but I still played it a lot.

    Than RCT 3 came out and I got the Gold Edition for my birthday. I don't know if I would say it was my favorite in the series, it didn't have the charm in terms of it's graphics but it had a great amount of different rides, more customization in both the park and rides, and the pools. And let's face it, the ability to ride your own rides was freaking sweet.

    I just don't get why this game is the least liked. I get that the graphics weren't great, even at the time, but I personally find it better than RCT 2 just because I feel like RCT 2 didn't add that much to the game. So what are your thoughts?
    People tend to rag on RCT3 for being more cartoony than the previous two. I don't see why, I actually like the idea of a cartoonier style of RCT. Adds another layer to the game series.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabelle1863 View Post
    No clue. I always liked RCT 3, still play it now when I'm in the mood. I have never been able to finish that final Wild scenario, Saxon Farm. But someday I will! I personally don't like one version more than the other. I like all three versions of the game, and am still looking forward to seeing what I'll be able to do with RCT World. I guess in simulation games you tend to get individuals with a wide variety in what they like. What's one person's trash is another's treasure, you know?
    I agree with you on this.

    Each game was great at it's time and they each individually are for many. I would find it hard to pick a certain RCT over another, even though they're in the same series, they're still separate games.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I agree with you on this.

    Each game was great at it's time and they each individually are for many. I would find it hard to pick a certain RCT over another, even though they're in the same series, they're still separate games.
    I've played all of the three major RCT games. And I love them like my children. No favorites, they are all equal.

  6. #6
    Ireeb
    Guest
    Even though this post is pretty old I thought I'll tell you what I know.
    The things I am listing are things I read in the community, don't take it as facts, these are only opinions.
    • the scenarios were too easy or boring
    • weird behavior of the peeps (not riding rides for no reason)
    • the collection of scenery was not satisfying
    • the sound effects were bad and the audio loops were too short. Especially the people's screams were annoying many people. (Sometimes they really sounded like someone's being stabbed)


    I am looking forward on RCTW and I hope they will find good solutions to the points I listed.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Volunteer
    ddrplaya4638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,671
    It was really unnecessary to post in this thread that is 5 months old. This topic is covered in plenty of other threads.

  8. #8
    Ireeb
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    It was really unnecessary to post in this thread that is 5 months old. This topic is covered in plenty of other threads.
    Sorry, I apologize for trying to be nice and giving information on a thread, maybe the starter of this thread is not as active on these forums and did not see it yet. Your comment was even more useless after all. If you don't have anything nice to say you could just say nothing as well.

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Volunteer
    ddrplaya4638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,671
    I am sure in five months the subject matter has been covered in another topic. Just trying to help you out as it is generally frowned upon to "bump" old threads. There's nothing mean or disrespectful about what I posted to you, if anything what you replied back had more hostility than what I said.

  10. #10
    If I had to choose, RCT3 is best. Just because it's finally in 3D and with more and more options. I believe i had the most fun with RCT2 because i was a kid back in those days, but technically, 3 IS better, it's just a different style, not the classic RCT feeling and i believe people cling on to that a bit too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The "I so do not want a Hotel/Resort game within our game" thread
    By dwwilkin in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 10:12 PM
  2. 10 cool ideas for the game (and an idea not for IN the game)
    By Frank in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us