Thread: Does Scream Ride give away the direction of coaster design in RCTW

Does Scream Ride give away the direction of coaster design in RCTW

I know that Frontier were replaced as developers for RCTW some time ago, but it would stand to reason that early on they would have set the RCTW project going in a certain direction when it comes to coaster design, and that new devs would have continued in broadly the same way.

Or if they did change away from what frontier were planning, it would only be if it was clear they had an even better idea in mind.

Either way, whilst I don't like the idea of 'Scream Ride' it's clear from the videos that the track and physics system is pretty much exactly what everyone has wanted since RCT3. And whilst it won't be the same in RCTW, it shows the level that is possible and there is no reason to believe that Atari would accept anything less from new devs as they must have seen what Frontier was working towards.

I've also been playing a lot of TPS recently (if playing is the right word for that 'game'). And the Scream Ride system seems way more complete and intuitive than the TPS one.

I honestly think that while the grid based concerns/restrictions of RCTW are causing some people to worry, that the coaster building element is going to be really really good. I don't want to upset any mods by going on about competitors products to much... But I think it's relevant to this forum to get excited to see what coaster design is capable of in 2015 compared to what we had 10 years ago in RCT3!!

Frontier was never working on RCTW. Pipeline got replaced by Area 52, so in fact they have nothing to do with RCTW. Maybe you mean Coaster Park Tycoon? If so, this is not the place to discuss it

Lol I thought that in the very beginning frontier were still involved?

It doesn't matter anyway, and I don't need to discuss any specific game to make the same point.

People keep asking what the coaster editor will be like and how good it will be, and looking at ANY of the recent coaster type games from anyone, it seems pretty clear how good it has to be to even broadly compete. And even if it's close to any of the others, that would make it very good.

All recent games, no matter how stupid the gameplay might be, do seem to have delivered a very accomplished coaster editor.

I guess I'm saying that for all the concerns I do have about RCTW (paths/supports/queues etc) that I'm not worried about the coaster editor itself. simply because other developers. large small and tiny, have managed to already do amazing things in less time and with less money!

Frontier was never involved. They are working on their own tycoon game. Out in 2016.

Scream Ride has no direct relation to RCTW other than their both coaster games. That is it, cut and dry, no more no less.

i might actually have tried screamride when it came out if it wasn't an xbox exclusive title. the wii u needs a good coaster building game. and nobody mention the crazy coaster deluxe app, because i played it already and got bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by king_austin95 View Post
    i might actually have tried screamride when it came out if it wasn't an xbox exclusive title. the wii u needs a good coaster building game. and nobody mention the crazy coaster deluxe app, because i played it already and got bored of it.
    I agree. They're are only a few app games that I might play, and never facebook games. I prefer console and full pc games.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    I agree. They're are only a few app games that I might play, and never facebook games. I prefer console and full pc games.
    i do not understand what you are agreeing about...?