Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gdc '15

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ng r4t View Post
    Agree to disagree. I don't ever recall them saying they'll give more info in a week and then didn't.
    You joined in February. Of course you don't remember. I've been here going on 3 months now as many others have watching as they fall on their face over and over with the communication and promises.

I also started one of the original posts on here about ideas and such that is still going and has some of the most replies/posts/views so to say I haven't been as optimistic and excited as you are now would be a lie.

You just get to a point where you know where this is going. I've seen Atari do this before (as others have noted) and it's not a pleasant ride.
    Last edited by Indiglow; 03-04-2015 at 01:17 AM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Ugh I clicked view.

Just because I joined in February doesn't mean I haven't been following from the start. Assumptions like this are what's ruining the world. Trust me, I saw your thread, and all your posts since. And I've been posting on the RCT3 Steam Forum for years. I've also been following game releases my whole life. I know the point you're talking about, and it's unbelievable you think we're already there. Atari now is not the Atari from before. They are under new management, so we have no idea what to expect. So far, I'm quite pleased and pleasantly surprised. It's obvious you aren't. We are at an impass. So just ignore this post and say you won. I'll do the same and the world will keep spinning

Quote Originally Posted by Future RCT View Post
    Please don't tell people what to do. It's very immature of you.
    was only making a suggestion. telling people what to do is not a sign of maturity. im probably one of the more mature and "seasoned" players here. have you seen some of the kids here?

Indiglow is right, when a blog post promises more info 'next week', that should actually mean next week to us as fans / consumers.
    I don't care if in some area's next week doesn't really mean next week, you can't do that to us as a fan base.

And please guys, let's keep it friendly. Just accept it that people have different opinions here ok?!

Im sorry.

But honestly how old are all you guys, to be complaining this much, its just silly.. Its a video game. Thats it. Im looking forward to it, but im not about to start boycotting atari for "lack of info" they know what they are doing. They loose a few fans hear and there. Big deal. Once that game is released and it pops up on the main page of steam or at your local video game retailer, u will buy it. Likea select few say "nup not buying it, lack of info, its disrespectful" the only people being disrespectful are you lot. Flaming the people that are giving you the info? Good job, never bite the hand that feeds you. I understand people dont want to wast money on buying a product you dont like. But at this stage, there isnt even a release date. Unless the actually date was coming up in a few weeks, it would be understandable to be upset about the lack of communication, but its not. We have no idea. So suck it up princesses!! And be patient

written on my mobile phone so screw spelling!!

Quote Originally Posted by LooseKid187 View Post
    Im sorry.

But honestly how old are all you guys, to be complaining this much, its just silly.. Its a video game. Thats it. Im looking forward to it, but im not about to start boycotting atari for "lack of info" they know what they are doing. They loose a few fans hear and there. Big deal. Once that game is released and it pops up on the main page of steam or at your local video game retailer, u will buy it. Likea select few say "nup not buying it, lack of info, its disrespectful" the only people being disrespectful are you lot. Flaming the people that are giving you the info? Good job, never bite the hand that feeds you. I understand people dont want to wast money on buying a product you dont like. But at this stage, there isnt even a release date. Unless the actually date was coming up in a few weeks, it would be understandable to be upset about the lack of communication, but its not. We have no idea. So suck it up princesses!! And be patient

written on my mobile phone so screw spelling!!
    Release date is still early 2015. It's March 4th now, so yeah I am allowed to have my doubts about the information given to us. I'm very happy with updates, but they should not make promises they can not keep.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraCheese View Post
    Release date is still early 2015. It's March 4th now, so yeah I am allowed to have my doubts about the information given to us. I'm very happy with updates, but they should not make promises they can not keep.
    I may have miss this but what promise? Promise for weekly info? Or the early 2015 part? Because saying early 2015 leaves room for deplays. There was no specific date released....

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    was only making a suggestion. telling people what to do is not a sign of maturity. im probably one of the more mature and "seasoned" players here. have you seen some of the kids here?
    i wouldn't know if i've seen some of the kids here are not. you cannot see peoples age. you are just assuming they are kids.

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    yes there is lol you should wait for the devs to SHOW US the game is worth buying. you buying the game regardless contributes to the trend that gaming is in. we are getting crappier games more and more bugs and empty promises. big companies are greedy and dont cater to the needs of there consumer base. only thing we can do to improve the state of this industry is to buy from companies who deserve it and make good games. buying because of the title of the game is the reason the call of duty series never changes there game. don't buy games if they aren't good. you will be doing everyone and yourself a favor by helping change this greedy industry...
    nope. if its roller coaster tycoon its good enough for me. same with mario games. i'm a mario fanboy too. i will buy this no matter what, and i will buy any mario game no matter what.(excluding mario vs. DK series)

I agree that many people are being rather hostile, and can definitely voice their concern in a more appropriate way.

On the other hand, the "negativity" from many of us stems from the way Atari treated the RCT Community a few years ago. Long story short, they screwed us over BIG TIME, made promises and broke them without hesitation. That's where many of the "but they promised" arguments are coming from, I suspect.

If you weren't around when this happened, then you just wouldn't understand. And there's nothing wrong with that. But you need to understand that some of us do have concerns about this game, and Atari, for a reason. Don't dismiss our concerns because some people don't know how to properly voice their frustrations.

Furthermore, I think that most of our "negativity" and frustration is coming from a good place. I want RCTW to succeed. I want Atari to succeed. I cannot confirm nor deny that when they first announced RCTW I screamed with joy like a little fanboi. But yes, a lot of us ARE being overly defensive and protective (and rightfully so IMO) because Atari has not been very good to their loyal RCT community. I know, know...companies change. But the mistrust is so deep rooted at this point, it's going to take a lot to gain it back for many of us.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast