Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B&Ms? Intamins? Vekomas? Can someone please explain!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question B&Ms? Intamins? Vekomas? Can someone please explain!

Okay, while this has nothing to do with the game, its something I've wanted to know.
    So, basically, What are B&Ms, Intamins, and any other type of rollercoaster people talk about all the time, and whats the difference?

Okay everyone, I asked you a question, and you answered, and I am thankful for that But there's no need to argue, so please, people,
    Last edited by Jellehtin; 02-26-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Please don't argue ;(

These are producers of Rollercoasters. B&M stands for Bolliger&Mabillard (Switzerland) Examples in Germany: Black Mamba (Phantasialand), Silverstar (Europapark). Intamin is a producer in Switzerland and they are famous for their accelerated coasters Example: DesertRace (Heidepark).
    You can differentiate the producers if you look at the tracks, and the people at this forum want different track types and so they speak of the producers.

Other producers: Gerstlauer, Mack Rides, Custom Coasters International (CCI), Vekoma
    (This list is not complete, just a few bigger companies)
    Last edited by Caine; 02-24-2015 at 02:09 PM.

i think it'd make more sense to call them by their RCT names like junior steel coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. like seriously not every RCT fan is a coaster GEEK that knows all of the terms and producers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by king_austin95 View Post
    i think it'd make more sense to call them by their RCT names like junior steel coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. like seriously not every RCT fan is a coaster GEEK that knows all of the terms and producers, etc.
    I agree, because you cant differentiate coaster styles only through the producer (like a few guys on this forum do this). For example some people speak of B&M when they mean suspended/inverted coasters but B&M produces not only these coaster styles and there are suspended/inverted coasters from other producers like vekoma or intamin etc.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellehtin View Post
    Okay, while this has nothing to do with the game, its something I've wanted to know.
    So, basically, What are B&Ms, Intamins, and any other type of rollercoaster people talk about all the time, and whats the difference?
    Google it...

Quote Originally Posted by ncutt010 View Post
    Google it...
    Really? That's literally the best thing you can say?? Why bother?

Personally. In Australia. There is like 5 or 6 rollercoasters. And they are all on the east coast. In the one place. People like myself have no idea know what these names stand for. I have always wondered.

Have you ever typed B&M into google yourself? This is what u get https://www.google.com.au/search?sit...S0I3w#q=+B%26M
    Right down at the bottom of the page it comes up....

Ever heard of a B&M shifter? B&M automotive? Probably not. Google B&M u can find out all about these things.

Sorry to rant.
    Last edited by LooseKid187; 02-24-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Hmz, lets put an end to this by (trying) to give a correct answer.

Intamin, B&M, Mack, Vekoma, they are all rollercoaster design consultancys. When looking at the track type you can most often determine te type (altough thats not always the case). I've always learned a picture tells more then a 1000 words so here we go with some example's :

B&M :
    europapark33_130.jpg

Intamin :
    glthdrp2_a.jpg

Vekoma :
    Python_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro View Post
    Hmz, lets put an end to this by (trying) to give a correct answer.

Intamin, B&M, Mack, Vekoma, they are all rollercoaster design consultancys. When looking at the track type you can most often determine te type (altough thats not always the case). I've always learned a picture tells more then a 1000 words so here we go with some example's :

B&M :
    europapark33_130.jpg

Intamin :
    glthdrp2_a.jpg

Vekoma :
    Python_1.jpg
    intamin= giga coaster
    B&M= wide hyper coaster(i think)
    vekoma= corkscrew coaster

how hard is it to FREAKING call them giga coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. so that everyone that's not a 'coaster freak that knows all the specific names' knows what you're talking about when you call them by their RCT name?!?!?! i mean seriously

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by king_austin95 View Post
    intamin= giga coaster
    B&M= wide hyper coaster(i think)
    vekoma= corkscrew coaster

how hard is it to FREAKING call them giga coaster, corkscrew coaster, etc. so that everyone that's not a 'coaster freak that knows all the specific names' knows what you're talking about when you call them by their RCT name?!?!?! i mean seriously
    How hard is it just to google the manufactures if you dont know what it is?..lol

I admit I didnt know what B&M, intamin, and vekoma coasters were....but when I googled it all becamse crystal clear!!...(literally took all of 30 secs)

And you are mistaken if you think B&M coasters are only hyper coasters, vekoma coasters are only corkscrew coasters, and intamin are only giga coasters. B&M, vekoma, and Intamin are coaster manufactures. They design all types of coasters...(All the good ones)

B&M = http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

Intamin = http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amus...E/Default.aspx

Vekoma = http://www.vekoma.com/

Boom! learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ncutt010 View Post
    How hard is it just to google the manufactures if you dont know what it is?..lol

I admit I didnt know what B&M, intamin, and vekoma coasters were....but when I googled it all becamse crystal clear!!...(literally took all of 30 secs)

And you are mistaken if you think B&M coasters are only hyper coasters, vekoma coasters are only corkscrew coasters, and intamin are only giga coasters. B&M, vekoma, and Intamin are coaster manufactures. They design all types of coasters...(All the good ones)

B&M = http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

Intamin = http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amus...E/Default.aspx

Vekoma = http://www.vekoma.com/

Boom! learn something new every day.
    my point is nobody should have to google anything. so shut up smarta$$

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast