Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First person

First person

Could you like, make a feature where you can walk through your park in first person?

+1 This
    Would be awesome viewing your park from ground level and walking through.

Also, being a peep in your park. with a budget on spending for food, rides etc.
    Realizing you need to find a loo, and may be to far away.
    Waiting in line to go on a ride.
    Even getting 'lost' (and finally realizing why peeps do get lost in your park )

Will give you a 'first person perspective' on what guests in your park have to deal with.

Hooch
    Last edited by Hooch; 02-19-2015 at 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    +1 This
    Would be awesome viewing your park from ground level and walking through.

Also, being a peep in your park. with a budget on spending for food, rides etc.
    Realizing you need to find a loo, and may be to far away.
    Waiting in line to go on a ride.
    Even getting 'lost' (and finally realizing why peeps do get lost in your park )

Will give you a 'first person perspective' on what guests in your park have to deal with.

Hooch
    though i want a first person mode i do not want to interact with shops and stalls etc. doing so could lose focus on what the game is really about.

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    though i want a first person mode i do not want to interact with shops and stalls etc. doing so could lose focus on what the game is really about.
    Well, I think the game is "really about" different things for different people. Some people want that interaction. Some don't. Some play career mode without any custom scenery or rides meeting specific challenges. Some modify the game to alter it to more of a 3D modelling experience. I'm not sure there is really any one thing this game is about.

I don't care about interaction with stalls and vendors, personally, (much like I am loath to add hotels and parking lots to the game) but I can see how others might - as long as we can choose to interact or not to interact with vendors/build hotels/parking lots, etc.

We all play differently.

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterGemini View Post
    Well, I think the game is "really about" different things for different people. Some people want that interaction. Some don't. Some play career mode without any custom scenery or rides meeting specific challenges. Some modify the game to alter it to more of a 3D modelling experience. I'm not sure there is really any one thing this game is about.

I don't care about interaction with stalls and vendors, personally, (much like I am loath to add hotels and parking lots to the game) but I can see how others might - as long as we can choose to interact or not to interact with vendors/build hotels/parking lots, etc.

We all play differently.
    truth be told i would like a fully fleshed out first person mode. but i know it would take away from the rest of the game to make it happen...

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    truth be told i would like a fully fleshed out first person mode. but i know it would take away from the rest of the game to make it happen...
    Why? It is not too hard to program, this could be done in just one work day (the first person mode, not the interactions with stalls, I think the onride cam is confirmed, if I remember this right)

This is a common feature request. Hopefully it will actually be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why? It is not too hard to program, this could be done in just one work day (the first person mode, not the interactions with stalls, I think the onride cam is confirmed, if I remember this right)
    its not a matter of how hard is it to program. its a matter of how fleshed out they make it and when you start adding features to this kind of mode it takes away development time for things that could have really needed it. i am all for a first person mode. but not one where i interact with stalls, guests etc.

please please PLEASE add this feature! I've always wanted to do this in RCT3, and it's a better way of recording your rides! I would also like to be able to interact with shops and stuff, but that might be too much to ask for right now, maybe in an expansion later on.

I am probably missing something, but how is this feature request different to navigating the camera round the park at path level, as per RCT3? I used to "take a walk" through my park with the camera often to see how it looked from peep level. What extra or difference are you guys meaning here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast