Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day and Night Cycle

Day and Night Cycle

Is Roller Coaster Tycoon World going to have day and night cycle?

it should. i hope it does cause i want to see what the lighting engine is capable of

But i hope it is better than the light engine of rct3 because the light effects in 3 were nice but so laggy even at good pcs

everyone says that but i had 60 frames almost all the time with my pc.... but than again i just built mine a year ago and just upgraded the PSU and GPU.... but i know on my old laptop night mode was a nightmare lol.. btw the lighting in RCTW has already proven to be very good actually. look at some of the screenshots and look at the shadows for example. im excited to see what the engine can do

Yes there's a old night screenshot from last year plus various other shots show different times of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by AUS_Twisted View Post
    Yes there's a old night screenshot from last year plus various other shots show different times of the day.
    care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    care to share?
    Night
    http://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/imagelarge/2000541654.jpeg

Late afternoon
    http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/...42723-rct3.jpg

thanks! even though i saw these i had to make sure there wasn't some extra stuff floating around

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    everyone says that but i had 60 frames almost all the time with my pc.... but than again i just built mine a year ago and just upgraded the PSU and GPU.... but i know on my old laptop night mode was a nightmare lol.. btw the lighting in RCTW has already proven to be very good actually. look at some of the screenshots and look at the shadows for example. im excited to see what the engine can do
    then you are lucky, but my laptop (i7, 8GB Ram, 2GB dedicated VRam) should manage a game of 2005 without problems, but i have to stay at day time, cause i cant play at night

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    then you are lucky, but my laptop (i7, 8GB Ram, 2GB dedicated VRam) should manage a game of 2005 without problems, but i have to stay at day time, cause i cant play at night
    i had the same issues with my laptop. i had to play during the day cause it couldn't do night time lol definitely a problem with a on board GPU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast