Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Design Discussion....

Sound Design Discussion....

(now that there is more people active on the forums i want to start discussing sound design further...)

i believe the screenshots we have seen so far show us that the game(RCTW) looks good but i hope as much time goes into making the game sound good. RCT2 had it down. each coaster type had (mostly) there own lift hill sounds that sounded like there real life counterparts. brakes hissed and b&m coasters would "roar" down the track. RCT3 had some OK flat ride sounds but the coasters were terrible sounding. there was a total of 2 (that i can remember) lift hill sounds. brakes didn't make any noise unless you hit a block brake. not to mention the train rolling through the track was very loud and unbelievable.

Theme park studio is a game that suffers from looking good but the coasters sound mediocre at best. it is VERY important that sound is taken seriously in a game like this. part of the experience is the atmosphere of a real amusement park. you can not make cookie cutter sounds like you did in rct3. make arrow coasters sound like arrows. and make B&Ms sound like B&Ms make flat rides sound like actual rides. not the little spaceship sounds you used in RCT3.... i hope someone else can agree that sound is just as important as looks.

yes. i agree. i love hearing the coaster roar and stuff. also the peeps laughing and screaming should be realistic. they shouldn't scream on the little drops etc.

Agreed! Ambient noise should be more realistic too (water fountains, animals, etx.) - especially if we really are going to have first person walk-around ability.

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterGemini View Post
    Agreed! Ambient noise should be more realistic too (water fountains, animals, etx.) - especially if we really are going to have first person walk-around ability.
    im glad to see you agree. i wish more people would comment on this thread though....

be glad anyone did

i am. i just hate hate seeing games putting in bad audio but make a good looking game visually. audio is just as important in my opinion. here is to hoping that rctw adds good sound effects!

yes it is important

Newcomer
    Audio is very important, what i liked in RCT3 was that you could put your own music in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykoo View Post
    Audio is very important, what i liked in RCT3 was that you could put your own music in the park.
    im talking about the entire atmosphere of a park. rct3 was very unrealistic with its sounds and alot of sounds were reused over and over again. rct2 nailed it in my opinion(which i state in my OP). just play theme park studio if you want to see a game that lacks atmosphere due to bad sound design..

Sound design is as important a factor as the graphics, and the game play.

RCT3 was dire with its audio. They just didn't care. The same sounds repeated over and over, and the sound logic was pretty poor, too. As King said, the peeps would scream at even the smallest of drops. Or where you don't charge for a ride, yet every peep through the station gate would trigger the coin (ker-ching) sound.

I loved RCT3 because it was pretty much the only coaster game out there that had a bit of everything, but its longevity for me was diluted because after a while, the sounds just put me off playing.

Gamers wouldn't put up with driving games where all the cars sounded exactly the same.
    Last edited by SparkyUK; 02-17-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast