View Poll Results: Would you Like a Collectors Edition and/or Special Edition of RCTW to be available?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 75.00%
  • No

2 12.50%
  • I Don't Know

2 12.50%

Thread: Collectors Editions & Special Editions

Lightbulb Collectors Editions & Special Editions

Hey,
    I just wanted to pick ur guys brains on your opinions of RollerCoaster Tycoon World Releasing special Editions (With Bonus DLC) and/or a special Limited Edition Collectors edition which could include something like an art book, Steel book Case, Limited edition ingame mascot and/or rides & Model or Figure for example The Games Mascots Standing together... I personally am a big sucker for collector editions of games & would probably cream my pants at the prospect of this, but what are your thoughts on the ideas of a Collector/Special Edition being available for limited period after release.

Maybe even just something like a pre-order bonus would be awesome.
    Last edited by Pvt.Luek; 12-15-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Adding a Poll

Sure, why not. Traditionally now it seems that if you spend an extra 10 or 20 dollars you get content. But that content is later released six months or a year later that cost 1.99

As long as they dont send a boxed copy to me with a silk screened rag of the cover art, a collectors edition would be great.

No, I don't want a collector's edition. The base game plus a season pass for all future DLC is more than sufficient for me... since season passes seem to be the in thing these days.

If, and only if, they include remakes of old RCT1 and RCT2 scenarios. Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by iChase View Post
    If, and only if, they include remakes of old RCT1 and RCT2 scenarios. Sold.
    That would be awesome if they made a DLC pack like that... I'd love to see a remake of some of the old RCT 1 maps like Diamond Heights!

Passive Peep
    I would definitely buy a collectors edition. I think Atari has a lot of lot term fans and many would be very interested.

I agree with the one post above mentioning a season pass for all DLC content..

I'm already saving for a collector's edition. Would be great if it did add something I can put on my desk (Borderlands 2 gave me a loot crate and a bobblehead).

Today, the folks over at Paradox who make hardcore strategy games announced there collectors editions. There was an new DLC today for 7.99, but the collectors editions have price tags of $119 to $399. That would be something that as fond as I am of the series, I do not think would be worthwhile (Nor do I think that Paradox was wise in pricing their collectors editions so high.)