Thread: Everything's So Bold!

Everything's So Bold!

What's with the decision to switch the forum's fonts to bold? It's a design nightmare and it makes reading more difficult. Is there a stylesheet error or was it deliberate? Could we please go back to regular text?

For example, this entire sentence is tagged as bold but you can't tell once I post it.

Passive Peep
    Looks right to me. The bold sentence is bold and everything else normal font weight. Not sure if someone was messing with it when you saw it, or if maybe you got a corrupt copy of the stylesheet in your browser's cache.

UPDATE:

Just noticed they are using the OpenSans Google font. That could be. I've seen sometimes where Google screws up and only sends one variant and not the other.

Okay, that makes sense. What's strange is it's persistent day after day, across Safari and Chrome, and reversed in Firefox. I just loaded this thread in Firefox and all the text is bold, except for the sentence with the bold tag which appears as the regular font face.

WebKit:
    Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 11.43.06 PM.jpg

Firefox:
    Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 11.46.17 PM.jpg

I've emptied my cache and cleared my history, checked to see if my I had any custom CSS in my browser preferences, tried a VPN for a different IP, etc. I'm out of ideas...

Interesting, not showing up as bold to me.

Update: I fixed it! I use FontExplorer X to manage my fonts, and a few things got mixed up. I cleaned my system font cache, my application font cash, and organized all my various fonts. This seems to have cleared everything up perfectly. Woohoo!