Thread: Just a thought about "time" in game

Just a thought about "time" in game

So this is an idea I just now came up with and can't decide if it would fly well.

Continuing with the Disney theme that seems to be used quite alot here; in Disney World when the parks close that is when alot of upgrades and revamps and cleaning and stuff of that nature takes place. What if, in the game, they slowed down how long a day takes(sun up to sun down to sun back up again) so that the park can "close" during the night and all the guests will leave. (this is where the resort/hotel idea comes into play heavily) The Peeps go back to the resorts or hotels and then come back to the park in the morning. you decide close times and open times.

There would be "off site" hotels that guests would stay in that you would not get paid for them to stay in, but if they stayed in your resorts you get the profit from them paying for their stay. that way you could end the day with Firework shows and concerts and lightshows. you know, special events. then open the park with Characters doing a little show and greeting guests as they come in.

This could be a toggle-able idea. choose either "Simulation days" or "realistic days"
    (Simulation days being normal RCT3 days. realistic days being essentially longer days and nights. Real-time days and nights.)

Maybe you could even to choose to leave your park open 24/7. This would up your employee wages and potential for profit, but make your rides more likely to break down more often because the maintenance men can't do full inspections on them. just partially inspections. also it would be more likely that your bathrooms and paths and stuff would become dirtier because they don't get a deep clean. they would only get a surface cleaning.

BUT being closed would hurt profits. simple as that. you would still have some employee wages, but they would lessened.(assumed that less employees would be working) The closed nights would be for doing deep cleaning and thorough maintenance and maybe even to boost construction times.

Even if you choose to stay open all night. the amount of people in the park would drop during nighttime hours because people would still go to sleep. this would allow you to charge people for daily entrance fees like a real park in BOTH being open all night or closing at nights.

You would also get to choose times from day to day. so say you want to stay open all night on friday and saturdays when more people are willing to stay out later. or you could have longer hours on certain days but still close at night.

This idea may be total bogus and I may be just word vomiting. Let me know what you think. Add to it. Destroy it. do whatever!

pretty good idea

Junior Enthusiast
    Love the idea. I hope time is much more realistic in this game and that construction/behind-the-scenes stuff is visible. It'd be nice to do stuff overnight while peeps aren't there.

And hopefully we have a full calendar year this time. I remember RCT3 only had like March-November. There are some parks that are open year-round.

Yeah and having the "off months" available for play, maybe they could add like a way for less peeps to come to the park. so it would push you to shorten your hours. also weather for all seasons would come into play in that case.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystalRules View Post
    Yeah and having the "off months" available for play, maybe they could add like a way for less peeps to come to the park. so it would push you to shorten your hours. also weather for all seasons would come into play in that case.
    Yeah that would be perfect. I really like this idea.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    This is an interesting idea but I've always kind of hated night in RCT3. The lighting available for you was horrible and I never played it at night because of that.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    This is an interesting idea but I've always kind of hated night in RCT3. The lighting available for you was horrible and I never played it at night because of that.
    That should be one of the things they fix in RCTW

And you'd design your coaster for a section of the park while the game is paused and when you're ready and satisfied with it and all the scenery you'd click CONFIRM RIDE. Then the game would tell you how long it would take and how much it would cost to build the ride. You'd then need to plan when to begin construction to have the ride completed before season starts and click START CONSTRUCTION. So, you'd be 'forced' to wait for the new coaster to be completed but you - and the peeps - could watch it being built.