Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give the Peeps Realistic Bravery

Give the Peeps Realistic Bravery

One of the most stressful things in RCT was when I would build an intense ride, that if built in the real world people would ride for its intensity, and not a single peep would go near it. Some of them weren't even bad, and yet got very few riders. We shouldn't see significant decline in ridership due to extreme intensity until you build a ride that is far more intense than anything we currently have in the real world.

oh my gosh yeah that was annoying lol

I agree. I always wanted to build awesome insane roller coasters but no one would ever ride them. I found myself trying to figure out how the game was programmed to achieve maximum profit. "if only I new the coding" I would think...

That's not how gameplay should work. In real life, I search for the highest most intense roller-coasters ever built and I want to ride them! When I go to six-flags, nothing pumps me up more than an extremely tall, fast, neck-jerking, nausea inducing roller coaster (I never get nauseous).

Newcomer
    Even the most intense roller coasters in the world operate within safety parameters. The extreme intensity in previous instalments basically means "oh god I'm going to die, I feel blood coming out of every orifice, I'm passing out now" intensity. No roller coaster in real life does that (or at least not any more. In the early days of roller coasters it was not unheard of for people to come of them with broken arms, bloody noses or worse.)
    What is a problem I feel is that the coaster gave no feedback during building. You never knew when you went over the threshold for acceptable. So I always build a lot of brake sections so I could fine-tune the coaster later on. I'd like it if I got more feedback in the building phase so I could adjust my coaster on the fly instead of having to redesign entire sections of the coaster just to sort-of make it work.
    During construction I'd like it if there was a ghost train on the track showing you if a train can't get over a hill or through a loop. Plus some kind of indication if a bend or hill or whatever would exceed the max safe G-force (for instance let the ghost train become red.)

Quote Originally Posted by Menno View Post
    Even the most intense roller coasters in the world operate within safety parameters. The extreme intensity in previous instalments basically means "oh god I'm going to die, I feel blood coming out of every orifice, I'm passing out now" intensity. No roller coaster in real life does that (or at least not any more. In the early days of roller coasters it was not unheard of for people to come of them with broken arms, bloody noses or worse.)
    What is a problem I feel is that the coaster gave no feedback during building. You never knew when you went over the threshold for acceptable. So I always build a lot of brake sections so I could fine-tune the coaster later on. I'd like it if I got more feedback in the building phase so I could adjust my coaster on the fly instead of having to redesign entire sections of the coaster just to sort-of make it work.
    During construction I'd like it if there was a ghost train on the track showing you if a train can't get over a hill or through a loop. Plus some kind of indication if a bend or hill or whatever would exceed the max safe G-force (for instance let the ghost train become red.)
    I'm not sure if RCT is supposed to be limited to real-life scenarios, but if not, the whole point of a video game is to do things you cannot do in real life. So since in real-life you cannot ride at 10 G-force in loops without dying, that would be something we gamers expect to be able to do in a video game. Just throwing that out there. (kinda like we cant go around shooting people in real life but in Call of Duty you can, and that's why people buy the game)

Yeah, nothing worse than building a kick-a** roller coaster that you yourself would go on, only to have to go back and edit it as it's listed as 'Ultra-extreme' and the peeps think it's a death wish

Well, think about where the Itensity cames from. If you have high minus G's because the Coasters run with high speed over simply too small hills or high lateral forces because you build small curves where the trains crosses with Full Speed than it`s no wonder. You don't see this pretty much on real Rollercoasters neither. With RCT3 i was alway able too build high Rollercoasters and Coaster with a lot of Inversions (up to 12) with high Intensity and still good excitement Ratings.
    Last edited by Wodan; 02-04-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithalor View Post
    I'm not sure if RCT is supposed to be limited to real-life scenarios, but if not, the whole point of a video game is to do things you cannot do in real life. So since in real-life you cannot ride at 10 G-force in loops without dying, that would be something we gamers expect to be able to do in a video game. Just throwing that out there. (kinda like we cant go around shooting people in real life but in Call of Duty you can, and that's why people buy the game)
    I can't say I can strut over to my theme park every so often and plop down a new ride here and there so the game allows you to do things you can't do in real life.
    If you were to take out the restraints in designing roller coasters I doubt you'd have much of a game left. The restraints make sure you have fun in designing the most awesome coaster that is nearly, but not totally, over the top. The trouble stems from the fact that the builder wasn't responsive enough and you couldn't get feedback until you had the whole thing standing (which required many of us to make our awesome coasters into a bland thing just to make it work) If you get insta feedback (or at least an approximation) the design won't be frustrating. Because if you know you built a deathcoaster in advance you at least did so with the intention of building a deathcoaster.

Passive Peep
    I disagree. If no one is going on a ride due to its intensity, it's usually due to it being poorly designed, and would probably kill you in real life. Part of the challenge when designing a coaster is to obtain the ideal EIN ratings, and I hope that aspect of the game is kept in RCTW.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Thank you for posting this!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast