Thread: Scenario Idea

Scenario Idea

So I have been a massive fan of RCT since before Corkscrew Follies came out. One of the things I loved about the original RCT was the Simply way you selected a scenario and even how they were set up. You start out (on most levels) in a run down or new park/semi-successful park and you have anywhere from $1,000 to &10,000 to start with and you have a simple goal like "have 2,500 guests in your park at the end of October year 6 with a park rating of at least 700." I am suggesting that we go back to that instead of the "Have 1,000 guest to get a bronze medal. Have 3 MVP guests and complete Bronze to get a silver medal. Have 4 rollercoasters that have 9.00 excitement ratings and completing to the silver medal to earn a gold medal." Just make it one goal that allows you to have a simple goal like the old games and maybe... MAYBE add a third stipulation to make it harder such as "and pay off all your debt." Even explore the scenarios of Loopy Landscapes for things like "Get 3,000 guests without ever letting your park rating drop below 600 for more than 3 months.

Let me hear your ideas on this and also your suggestions.

A local mini golf/batting cages family fun center has closed down in town and you just so happened to convince the bank to lend you just over the asking price. The park makes a small yet steady stream of income from its current attractions, however an expansion would definitely benefit the park. The locals mostly consist of young families, and would benefit from a family/younger children oriented park. Can you turn the typical family fun park into a kiddie kingdom, complete with kid friendly coasters and less-intense flat rides?

You start off with a large amount of property off the main highway, in the desert. Over the years, the previous property owner tried everything to try to lure passing motorists to come and visit their gas station, gift shop and small ghost town. However years of low attendance and mismanagement has resulted in dilapidated structures and a bad reputation. Can you lure in passing road-trippers with flashy coasters and attractions that catch their eye from the interstate, and turn the ghost town into a first class theme park?

Japanese home superstore Aeki has recently gone out of business in the large metropolitan city of Metropolia, leaving a huge chunk of prime indoor, warehouse style real estate available for you to buy. Local building code restricts you from modifying the existing structure, aside from the look of it (This includes having a height restriction due to inability to work around roof height, making building thrilling coasters a challenge for this scenario). Can you work around the tough restrictions of building a park in an existing building, in the middle of the city?

Recent allegation against the CEO of Sunnyside Pier Park have left you with a job offer to take over the historic beach side park which sits on a small portion of the newly expanded pier. Public expectations and city council votes have dictated that you are restricted to classic americana attractions, and only wooden coasters. You are also extremely limited on real estate until you can prove to the city that your management of the historic park can bring the coastal community back to its hay day by attracting locals and tourists back to what once was the cities main thoroughfare. Once you prove yourself, you just might get the chance to purchase the rights to the entire pier and boardwalk area.

I posted some stuff on scenario earlier which if you combines all three games adding challenges would make the game difficult and challenging

Bronze:
    don't let your par rating drop below 300, Have a roller coaster with a excitement of 6.00
    silver:
    don't let your par rating drop below 400, Have and keep 1,000 guest for 4 months
    Gold:
    don't let your par rating drop below 600, have at least 4 roller coasters, Keep 3,000 guest for a year

If you want to add a challenge you could add height limit or repay a huge loan. i mean this will certain make sure most rides are going to be built by you since most prebuilt rides exceeded the limit.

remember this is a example i don't think anyone wants to make sure they play in game year and keep checking to see if they still have 3,000 guest :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sangheili View Post
    I posted some stuff on scenario earlier which if you combines all three games adding challenges would make the game difficult and challenging

Bronze:
    don't let your par rating drop below 300, Have a roller coaster with a excitement of 6.00
    silver:
    don't let your par rating drop below 400, Have and keep 1,000 guest for 4 months
    Gold:
    don't let your par rating drop below 600, have at least 4 roller coasters, Keep 3,000 guest for a year

If you want to add a challenge you could add height limit or repay a huge loan. i mean this will certain make sure most rides are going to be built by you since most prebuilt rides exceeded the limit.

remember this is a example i don't think anyone wants to make sure they play in game year and keep checking to see if they still have 3,000 guest :P
    Post the link to your thread. I did a quick look, but didn't notice a scenario thread. I don't want to run over your idea.

And I love those scenario ideas. throw a gokart track on the family golf center one and you got a great on. have the goal for it be something like have 1,000 guest in your park for a year. never let your park drop below 600 for more than 2 months. and have a total of 4 kid friendly rollercoasters.

no it was not my idea other then adding both RCT 1,2,3 scenarios together. it was another persons thread started, I'm a person that goes to other people's thread and supports them. the scenario has been been playing around on the forums from time to time but really there is not official thread for it. Thats why i'm adding to your's
    Last edited by Sangheili; 02-03-2015 at 02:26 PM.

You know what they could do possibly is go over the custom scenarios of the other parts of the forum and get ideas from their, say modernize some of the good ones.