Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: more realistic train system thread! :)

  1. #1

    Lightbulb more realistic train system thread! :)

    It would be amazing if a roller coaster tycoon game had an actually train system in place for transporting with a few different things added such as..

    **4-way tracks**

    **Block signals**

    **Gated crossings** (It would be awesome if we could have the train go through part of the park where people walk and when the train comes through the gates would close blocking off the traffic. Cedar point in sandusky ohio has something like this.)

    **Train whistle track** (A track piece where when the train touches it, it would sound the train whistle. Aesthetic piece really)

    **Train track sensor** (This way you can que when the gates should go down. Could also hook it up to signs throughout the park that relay info when a train is coming and to which station and where it's headed maybe. Again just for aesthetics)

    **Ability to setup train depart times**

    **Speed adjustable tracks** (This way on long stretches you can allow the train to full throttle and through inner park areas you could go slower)

    **Train station with gates awnings etc** (Just something that adds a few gates for each car to make it more realistic but with the addition to all the custom building sounds like we can do this ourselves.)

    other stuff of course I'll add more as I think of it. Please feel free to add anything else you guys can think of too I'll add it here!

  2. #2
    i love the gated crossings idea. idk if you said this or not but i think it would be cool if you could branch off the tracks and have two different directione the train can go in. do you know what i'm talking about, like where the train can either go one way or the other and you have to change which way they go with levers

  3. #3
    I think with all of this you would have to update the Peeps AI so that they would actually use the train system for transportation. Like If they want to ride a ride on the other side of the park they would feel inclined to ride the train to the nearest station of the ride.

  4. #4
    I really like the idea of gated crossings. It'd be a lot more fun/realistic to have a path that goes through tracks instead of having to build a bridge over(or a tunnel under) the tracks.

    Block signals would also be an awesome addition because I thought it was kind of strange how sometimes trains would get backed up in a station, have the majority of the train's cars sticking out, and still allowing the guests to "magically" disembark. Having a holding area before a station would be a nice to prevent this bit of awkwardness.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
    I really like the idea of gated crossings. It'd be a lot more fun/realistic to have a path that goes through tracks instead of having to build a bridge over(or a tunnel under) the tracks.

    Block signals would also be an awesome addition because I thought it was kind of strange how sometimes trains would get backed up in a station, have the majority of the train's cars sticking out, and still allowing the guests to "magically" disembark. Having a holding area before a station would be a nice to prevent this bit of awkwardness.
    I completely agree about the unloading zones. Even for roller coasters you could change the entrances and exits that have been in place for years. Top thrill dragster in cedar point has an unloading zone that way a fresh train rolls through to get loaded everytime.

    Quote Originally Posted by KrystalRules View Post
    I think with all of this you would have to update the Peeps AI so that they would actually use the train system for transportation. Like If they want to ride a ride on the other side of the park they would feel inclined to ride the train to the nearest station of the ride.
    Yeah I don't know if it'd be that intense maybe I guess. I put transport trains in my parks usually for aesthetic reasons. They'd still get on the trains and take them to different parts with the ai now. Just like they do in my current parks it's just mindless ai.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystalRules View Post
    I think with all of this you would have to update the Peeps AI so that they would actually use the train system for transportation. Like If they want to ride a ride on the other side of the park they would feel inclined to ride the train to the nearest station of the ride.
    Mattlab has said it was a frustration of his in previous RCT games, that peeps viewed the transportation as rides and therefore wouldn't use them to get from A to B. So with his acknowledgement of this flaw, I hope this will be fixed in the forthcoming game.

    Also, loooooove the idea of gated crossings, I've seen it in a few parks now. They're awesome!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl- View Post
    Mattlab has said it was a frustration of his in previous RCT games, that peeps viewed the transportation as rides and therefore wouldn't use them to get from A to B. So with his acknowledgement of this flaw, I hope this will be fixed in the forthcoming game.

    Also, loooooove the idea of gated crossings, I've seen it in a few parks now. They're awesome!
    Oh, awesome! I am glad to hear that I am not the only that that bugs. Like duh the train ride isn't going to be that exciting, but its an easy way to get from A to point B.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystalRules View Post
    Oh, awesome! I am glad to hear that I am not the only that that bugs. Like duh the train ride isn't going to be that exciting, but its an easy way to get from A to point B.
    This would be amazing if they did this. Like they just get an idea to ride something in the park randomly then the ai pathing finds the fastest way there. Which could be by train! I really hope something like this gets added if not by release by these update packs that they talk about in their dev blog!

Similar Threads

  1. A Realistic Wind System and Shedding of leaves
    By JayB_Yolo in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2015, 11:16 AM
  2. western themed train ride
    By king_austin95 in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 11:20 AM
  3. RCT train patch
    By jensj12 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 07:40 AM
  4. Realistic or non-realistic (Poll version 2)
    By Borrego6165 in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 10:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us